Tpost driver to the noggin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
    You guys must not have driven many t-post with a t-post driver? It’s extremely easy to do.

There’s a reason for the white paint about a foot on the top of each post. “Upstroke” the darn thing until you see white (NO MORE).......then STOP!

Edit: Fargus hit it on the head (no pun intended) on post #50!
    I’d bet I’ve driven more than most on here. Never knew it was so dangerous. Still use one monthly for water gaps in the creeks. For building new fence I use a front end loader these days to push the post. Makes building fence almost too easy lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
      Ok, so how did you manage that?

Helping a friend at his place, he had one of those cheap 3lb t post drivers with the square handles. Hurts your hands after a while, so I just grabbed the sleeve and drove the posts that way. Lifted the driver off the post when I was wore out and my bottom hand slipped off the bottom of the sleeve. Bottom thumb landed on t post and I was ****** so at the same time I slammed down with the driver one handed and pinched my thumb off. The pain was only outweighed by my sense of feeling like a dumba**

Comment

I hope I do not jinx myself but what in tarnation are you guys doing ? I have driven a bunch of post in the ground, I have come away with a few blisters.

Comment

How do you hit yourself in the head with a Tee post driver? Tee post drivers are one of the greatest inventions ever. A whole lot better than a 10 lb. sledge, for driving Tee posts in. I drove in a lot of Tee posts with a 10 lb. sledge for years, before I ever heard of, or saw a Tee post driver. Got to get a good heavy one, but once you have a good driver, I am not sure how you could hurt yourself with one. It would take some talent, that I ain't got. I have wacked myself in the shin with a 10 lb. sledge a few times, driving Tee posts. That was not a lot of fun, but we still had a lot of work to do, so you can't sit, down and cry about it. Just get back to work.
          Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 04-04-2021, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Crushed my toes with one. Had to drive my standard Jeep to get help. Had to get 2 three inch pins installed to fuse the bone back.

Comment

Yep
              Laid with cold rain on my face

Comment

Spent years using a homemade driver that a friend gave me. I was accustomed to the length and weight which was longer than most. Picked up a TSC version and first stroke out of the box hit myself in the head after catching the top of the post with the edge of the driver. Stayed on my feet but had blood running down my head before realizing what happened. Wasn't wanna my prouder moments. I still to this day want to add some pipe to the end for more length.
                Last edited by Notaguide; 04-04-2021, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Laid myself out about two months ago. Done it before but nothing like this. Didn’t break skin but out cold and my head hurt to the touch for a wk. and I agree fatigue is when it happens. Building a feed pen and only had two posts left, and I was tired anD ready to be done. So, the t post driver sent me to take a nap. Lol.

Comment

Would have never know this was a thing until this thread. Driven hundreds of posts but never get wild with the upstroke. Some people have no business with heavy tools

Comment

I raised the T-post driver up a little to high and the edge caught on the top of the T-Post and I almost knocked myself out. I dropped to my knees wondering what the heck happened. Split my scalp open pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                        Honest show of hands. Who has cracked their head open with a tpost driver? My buddy did yesterday and has 5 staples to show for it. On a positive note, we were able to test McMullen County EMS response time!
                        Well. No. But....Hello Nurse! I need some help! Tend to me.

Who is Goose and who is Maverick?

Comment

Luckily not yet.

Comment

My father in law and his buddy were helping me at our place this past September build a new feed pen. 9 staples to the head. Nearest er was in aspermont tx 55 minute drive from where the incident occurred. He was knocked out for probably 1-2 minutes before he came to.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

I did it too. Didnt knock me out but I saw stars along with nausea.

Comment

Been there done that...just didn’t break the skin. Saw stars for a while and had a big goose egg on my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X