tpwd speckled trout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jerp View Post
    As much as I love fishing the coast it is doubtful that I will drive 7 hours to keep three fish. That being said, for those against the new restriction I would like to hear some science/research on why it is a bad idea. It seems like the argument so far is basically “I want to keep more fish”. I’m no marine biologist but it seems pretty simple that less pressure on the resource will help that resource recover faster

I’m fine with keeping 3 fish, I’m not fine with the slot mainly targeting female fish in the name of conservation. Seems counterproductive IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
      I’m fine with keeping 3 fish, I’m not fine with the slot mainly targeting female fish in the name of conservation. Seems counterproductive IMO.

My thought as well and I want to hear the rational explained.

Comment

Originally posted by trozy55 View Post
        I wonder what the guides who make a living down there have to say about this. Is anyone really going to pay to take a guide out for 3 specs. Yeah I know they can target other species of fish but even then what's the state of those species?
        The croaker soaker guides who are running 2-3 client trips a day will just temporarily relocate their business up the coast until the restrictions are lifted.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post

Not to mention, the BEST producers.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Dumb- Leave it 5 fish and make it 14-20. Get some people catching dinks istead of the female population

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
              Dumb- Leave it 5 fish and make it 14-20. Get some people catching dinks istead of the female population

14-18

Comment

As much as I love fishing the coast it is doubtful that I will drive 7 hours to keep three fish. That being said, for those against the new restriction I would like to hear some science/research on why it is a bad idea. It seems like the argument so far is basically “I want to keep more fish”. I’m no marine biologist but it seems pretty simple that less pressure on the resource will help that resource recover faster. It will suck for those who make their living as a guide but thems the risks of that profession
                How about some evidence that this legislation is necessary? Hell, how about catch and release only? Wouldn't that be better for fish numbers? Why not limit guides to one charter per 24 hr period?

Comment

Another fine accomplishment by TP&W......before long , you guys will be catching and releasing all your fish!

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                    Just keep it at 10 for upper coast. No need to overthink it

Comment

Originally posted by Slabby View Post
                      Hell, how about catch and release only? Wouldn't that be better for fish numbers? Why not limit guides to one charter per 24 hr period?
                      Either of those ideas would obviously help trout recover but I think they are trying to strike a balance between letting the trout recover and not stopping fishing altogether. Im not being a smart-A, I honestly have no idea about the science. Admittedly it is not a big sacrifice for me personally as I only go a couple times a year and don’t make my living guiding or selling stuff to fishermen. I will miss it but no tragedy for me

Comment

You guys ever looked at the bios of the people on out TPWD commission

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                          How do you know they are immigrants? How do you know they are poachers?
                          **** you’re sensitive.

Comment

Either of those ideas would obviously help trout recover but I think they are trying to strike a balance between letting the trout recover and not stopping fishing altogether. Im not being a smart-A, I honestly have no idea about the science. Admittedly it is not a big sacrifice for me personally as I only go a couple times a year and don’t make my living guiding or selling stuff to fishermen. I will miss it but no tragedy for me
                            This is what they are banking on, nobody 'knowing the science' and just going along with it....trout ain't going extinct lol.

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
                              I'm just glad I live somewhere that I can drive an extra 2 minutes across bridge and keep 15 trout if I choose to.
                              You have to keep 15 of them to make a meal, they are all 10-12 inch long haha

Comment

It should be no fish over 20" 20 to 25" female are the fish that are reproducing

Comment

Working...
                                X