No announcement yet.

Somebody Havked My Info & Filed For Unemployment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bringing this back up because this just happened to me. My work has already filed this as fraud, I filled out the online form as it being fraud, and called the hotline to report it as fraud. Guess I will find out how much fun this is.

Comment

It’s been several months and I haven’t heard a word from any entity about this. Right when it happened I locked down all my credit stuff and have been GTG so far.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
        It’s been several months and I haven’t heard a word from any entity about this. Right when it happened I locked down all my credit stuff and have been GTG so far.

Same here.

Comment

I've intercepted 5 different cases where the hacker, masqueraded email headers to look like the victim, engaged HR directly with an email requesting the change, HR sends the forms, hacker fills forms and sends account info to HR. Payroll deposit changes - and the targets inside our organization, are cased for target potential (all of the hacks, target executives and upper management). Cybercriminal gathered info on the victim as a pre-requisite to find, the highest salaried and potential monetary max, they can extort, thru this type of cybercrime.

The hourly waged employees - never targeted. The big fish - it's expected and we counter defend everything - which includes HR AR AP departments and management

HR then gets me involved - because it's SOP here - I validate everything and sort out the real from the fake, document all, firewall and block and then send to FBI.

I would hate to find out, HR for some here, who have had that happen to them, didn't get misled, by someone in HR, who took that bait?

Nothing gets done at the FBI - inundated with crap like this - CYBERCRIME PAYS if your a good extortion hacker, living and hacking in MOSCOW. They live and hack there, protected by Putin and rounding them up, and sending them to the USA for criminal prosecution = NIL

Every productive company, with an online business model, is getting cased by cybercriminals. They are drilling down thru the entire company org chart, locating the big fish, researching them and families and even homes and public record info. I know this because the hackers, then start using family member names, to masquerade email headers to look like family members and or using family member names, and such, to drill deeper into making the executive loosen up enough to slip and make a mistake.

It's a nasty crime ridden cyberworld - and the hacks - are sourcing from countries with zero legal extradition if caught, to see criminal processing against them here. They can do this because we do nothing, to apprehend and or block/filter and cut out bad known foreign networks and subnets, from connecting further into the USA.

We know we will never bring them in for charges but, we have the ability to block these rogue nation networks, from connecting into the USA easily, by firewalling the crap out of them.

Right now all inbound nodes to the usa on the wire from overseas, has zero firewall blocks. All traffic is wide open.
          Last edited by AtTheWall; 08-12-2021, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Just reading this now. Happened to me in March as well. It started with an email from unemployment so I thought it was someone trying to hack. Then I got the notifications through the mail. I called HR first to warn them. Then I tried calling Texas Unemployment office. GOOD GREIF…so hard to talk to someone there. Finally got through and they didn’t seem interested. They were surprised, though, to hear the hacker didn’t change the email since I was getting notifications. I went online and changed passwords and as much information as I could on the their website. Haven’t heard anything since. No notifications from the credit bureaus.

Comment

Working...
            X