No announcement yet.

Somebody Havked My Info & Filed For Unemployment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happened at our office to me and 3 of our owners and I am over HR. We were able to verify our systems were not breached. Reported all as fraud on our employers response. Haven’t heard anything back from TWC. Agree with others on credit freeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Someone in Ohio filed for unemployment benefits using my Mom's identity. She's 93 years old and has never been to Ohio.

Report it to the Federal Trade Commission in addition to freezing your credit.

Report identity theft and get a recovery plan

Last edited by Froggy; 03-23-2021, 10:17 PM.

Comment

No advice for what to do but hopefully you can get it resolved quick. My captain at HFD had his ID stolen and spent several months in a nightmare, getting back to normal.

Comment

It happened to a guy I work with last week. He called & left message but hasn't heard back.

Comment

Just got the call from HR. I also work for a govt agency.

Comment

It happened to many state employees last summer. It is very wide spread. Most people I work with and I were hacked last August. Same. Exact. Thing.

Comment

Happened to me back in September 2020. I’ve called, emailed, filed numerous fraud claims and received zero return communications. I filed a police report with our local PD. I’ve gotten two threatening letters this year demanding payment and notification that I am behind on my payment, which they acknowledge was for an overpayment of benefits. Crazy that I haven’t gotten any response in 6 months to investigate but they have time to send demand letters. Half the phone numbers on the letters either do not work or the person answering cannot seem to help.

Comment

So there is more to come?

Originally posted by Aric View Post
                  Happened to me back in September 2020. I’ve called, emailed, filed numerous fraud claims and received zero return communications. I filed a police report with our local PD. I’ve gotten two threatening letters this year demanding payment and notification that I am behind on my payment, which they acknowledge was for an overpayment of benefits. Crazy that I haven’t gotten any response in 6 months to investigate but they have time to send demand letters. Half the phone numbers on the letters either do not work or the person answering cannot seem to help.
                  My office got the notice of my application for unemployment a couple of weeks ago. I faxed it back to TWF with a note explaining that it was a fraudulent claim with my number and the number to the office. Did the on line and phone notification through TWF and fraud claims with with several state and federal agencies. I haven't heard a peep.

I would love to get my hands on the low life doing this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by all3lemmons View Post
                    My office got the notice of my application for unemployment a couple of weeks ago. I faxed it back to TWF with a note explaining that it was a fraudulent claim with my number and the number to the office. Did the on line and phone notification through TWF and fraud claims with with several state and federal agencies. I haven't heard a peep.

I would love to get my hands on the low life doing this stuff.

I think that’s what ****** me off the most. Nearly zero chance of someone being held accountable for this crap. [emoji35][emoji35]

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                      I’m at work today and HR calls to ask me if I filed for unemployment due to my “permanent layoff”. What?!? I was 1 of 4 that got hacked and the city received unemployment paperwork on. Somebody, somehow got my name, address, date of employment, current rank and social security number. I have no idea how but if they have my employment hire date and current rank, wouldn’t that lead to believe they hacked my works system?
                      What should I do to lock this down? I know my stuff was compromised back when equifax (or whoever the creditor was) was hacked. They offered $150 or 7 years credit monitoring/protection. Should I notify them? I have no idea what to do in this situation.
                      Happend to me. HR sent an email and called.

Originally posted by whitetailtrail View Post
                      Happened to me. Work recommended I report it to the TWC hot line, which I did, leaving a voicemail as you are prompted to do so and have heard nothing back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Called them as well and still have not heard back. Been at least 6 months.

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
                      Happed to me Friday.

Filed fraud through twc and then put a freeze alert on my credit

This is where I went
                      https://www.identitytheft.gov/UnemploymentInsurance
                      Did the same. I always have a freeze on my credit and only open when I need a check done.

Comment

Hold your hats, this is ramping up right now....I got hit last week, and filed all the fraud complaints, locked credit, etc.

But just in the past two days, I know of 40-50 new cases, and they are rolling in right and left to our department.

By the way, when you call in to TWC to file a fraud complaint. (As no one will answer the phone) they ask you to leave your identifying information on their VM system, including your social security number. I polity explained I would tell them about my fraud, but the last thing I was going to do was leave my social security number on their VM. C'mon man....

The online fraud report with TWC is fairly painless, but you do have to upload any mail you received.

If you have not been hit, the first sign will be an email from TWC telling you thank you for filing for unemployment benefits (Look at what email address this is being sent to, likely the email account the hackers have for you). Change that email password immedialty.

Then you will receive 3 to 4 pieces of legitimate TWC mail in the next few days. IF YOU DO NOT receive the mail, go ahead and file you fraud report ASAP. We do the USPS Informed Delivery service. Which they will send you emails daily, showing pictures of your scanned mail being delivered the same or next day. Its a good service and been using it for a couple of years. Nice to know what "is supposed" to be coming your way before you get it.

Hope a bunch more of yall dont get hit. Its a pain in the rear.

Comment

Just got an email from our HR, somebody filed in my name as well. Dirty rotten b******s

Comment

Thanks Guys, just froze my credit.

Comment

If I freeze my credit, how do I unfreeze it to buy a car or whatever?

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                                If I freeze my credit, how do I unfreeze it to buy a car or whatever?
                                You have to call them to unfreeze it. I had to do this a year ago. You can unfreeze it for a day, a week or indefinitely.

Comment

Working...
                                X