No announcement yet.

Fried Pies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frobergs in Alvin makes some very good ones.

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
      Not a huge fried pie fan and never ever heard of Mindylou’s pies, They were mention in this post a few times so I went to their website that was posted by blownshelby.

Man what company that is grounded in the word of God. Their testimony was great. Just finished watching a 30 min video of their story, simply amazing. Will see if our local HEB has them, if not will have to order a box.
      I love their pies. I had ordered a box already. Then I read your comment. Glad to support a worthy faith based company.

Thanks for letting me/us know of the video.

Here it is for those who can’t find it on their website.

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

Comment

Fried Pies

Y’all have not lived if you haven’t had fried pies from the bakery inside the gas station in Munster. Seriously the best I’ve ever had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Froberg's....best!

Comment

Easy recipe. Take any croissant dough, fill with favorite pie filling, fold over and fry. Drizzle some powdered sugar icing over it. I have to make myself stop eating them

Comment

Originally posted by Rotney View Post
              I love their pies. I had ordered a box already. Then I read your comment. Glad to support a worthy faith based company.

Thanks for letting me/us know of the video.

Here it is for those who can’t find it on their website.

https://vimeo.com/69208115

Good watch! Enjoyed that!

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo1 View Post
                Original Fried Pie Shop in Longview is very good. A big plus is they have sugar-free species which is great for diabetics !
                Where is this? Love me some good sugar free pies.

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
                  Baker’s Ribs in Canton had the best fried pies I’ve ever had.
                  Best I've had to date besides my wife's.

They used to (and still might) have meat and vegetable pies (like an English pasty), they were great.

Comment

My Grannie lived on Springdale Rd. in east Austin about 3 blocks from the old Bruce's Fried Pies. When we visited she would give us 50 cents to go there and buy a dozen of the broken pies. We would go outside and eat all dozen. Apricot was my fav.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                      When I was a youngster my go to was Mrs Baird. But I would have to say these are the best.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Back then,they were made in Abilene.. and they were fresh

Now, they are made in Mexico ... by mexicoans. And not fresh.

Comment

Bakers Rib in Caddo Mills, makes them fresh right there in front of you,,, the Peach is awesome
                        Last edited by Chief Big Toe; 03-23-2021, 05:10 AM.

Comment

How many of you Guys remember Bruce's Fried Pies

Comment

My company has done business with Mindy Lu's for years and the family is the real deal. I am not sure if Covid has shut down their storefront but it's worth a stop if you're going through Mansfield on 287.

Comment

I used to wear out the Mrs. Baird’s pecan fried pies. My favorite to this day and I haven’t seen a pecan fried pie in at least 15 years[emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
                                Back then,they were made in Abilene.. and they were fresh

Now, they are made in Mexico ... by mexicoans. And not fresh.

Mrs Bairds? Because Mindy Lu's are made in Arlington

Comment

Working...
                                X