No announcement yet.

Ever walk away from a career

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your not happy and misurable leave. Trust me. I stayed at a job to long and I’m still regretting it all the time. Surely you’ve got something you can fall back on to make ends meet. I had a sweet gig but it was so much stress it turned me into a person that I regret and I hate myself for it. I finally got out and never looked backed but I’m still working on myself for what I went through.

Comment

Yep. Was a CPA and was on track to become a partner within 5 years. Walked away. Became an insurance adjuster. Worked internationally in both jobs. Said “see ya” in 1993 and opened a fishing lodge “Lake Fork Lodge” that is ranked as one of the top in North America. Now I build waterfront homes on Lake Fork and the surrounding area as well as manage the Lodge. There may be a pattern here. Lol

Comment

Was the best decision I’ve made in my career. I used it as an opportunity to start my own business. Ended up being 10 times the work, no benefits so to speak, and after 3 years I’m finally making similar money. I also have freedom to be with my family when I need to, I am happy and enjoy the work, and I’m building equity in equipment and clients. My success is based on the quality and quantity of MY work, and there are no p*ssing contests. Wouldn’t ever go back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X