No announcement yet.

How many miles do you drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I average 10,500 per year. That is why my 2005 F150 has only 166k on it.

Comment

Before 'Rona I got an STI as my daily driver and retired my '05 Ram to a ranch truck only. I averaged 9000/year on my car and 4000/year on my truck. This past year, I'd be shocked if I did more than 4000 miles on my car. Working from home it sits for a week or two at a time. I still use the truck about as much. Loving the low gas bill

Comment

I drive less than 10 miles a day...
        The Wife , probably 40-50 a day
        And she isn't employed...lol
        I just talked to her and she went to
        The Mall, Buccees, and The outlet Mall..
        She's way Busier than me....🙄

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
          40 to 60k a year and the wife about 5k a year
          This is us. I’m in outside sales she works from home. Company payed for fuel which is nice.

Comment

Pre COVID 50K year
            Think about 12-15K since March 2020

Comment

Some of you'll drive a lot!

I did 70 miles round trip for Houston commute for almost 4 years. As mentioned by someone else, a bumper to bumper rush hour commute will test the best of anyone. The wife and I eventually made the decision to move closer into town. It was tough as in order to be in a decent area and be within a good school district required an adjustment on housing as there's a lot less bang for your buck the closer to the Beltway you get.

Regardless, I drive less than 10 miles per day and my wife drives less than 5. There is definitely savings to a short commute and more time at home. There's also no question that a short commute will extend the life of your vehicle if you choose to keep one multiple years.

Comment

I resigned from my oil patch gig a little over a year ago & drove a brand new 18 F150 100k miles in just 14 months...300-400 miles a day was about normal & did an oil change about every 3 weeks.

Funny part is I hardly ever got north of freer.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                  I resigned from my oil patch gig a little over a year ago & drove a brand new 18 F150 100k miles in just 14 months...300-400 miles a day was about normal & did an oil change about every 3 weeks.

Funny part is I hardly ever got north of freer.
                  How many low fence booners you see during that 14 months?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Wife and I do about 6,800/ month total in miles. Like where we live as well as where we work, but they aren’t close to each other. Price we pay to have what we want and be where we want to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

15,000 miles each year. Home, both kids schools, my office, El Rey Mexican food, Doller General and Tractor Supply are all in a 4 mile circle. Occasionally I drive another 2 miles to get to HEB.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Average about 45-55k a year. I'd say about 35-45k miles of those miles I'm hooked up to a trailer of some sort. Poor truck gets put through hell!

Comment

lol. Yeah, I can feel this one.
                          Two drivers and four primary vehicles - at least one, sometimes two are parked at an airport.

Three ranches that we work on - East Texas, Llano, and Cotulla with frequent visits (8 hour span) Most of the time we take two trucks to the ranch to haul dogs. It's 20 minutes to a grocery store, 30 minutes to a real store no matter where we are, and even worse than that in south Texas.

House in Florida - two offices there are on the Gulf coast side.
                          Several of my clients are in Miami (that's on the other coast), a few are in Pensacola and Panama City, and one is in Jacksonville.
                          Lots of the time I charter flights, but I still do a bunch of driving.

I'm here this week working in San Antonio and Dallas and Cotulla, maybe Houston.
                          Back to Florida this weekend, then Louisiana, then back to Texas next week.

Corona has been nice in that I don't have to travel for depositions or expert witness work, but now the trials are starting to happen...so that means more driving.

I think it was about 80k on the road for us last year

Comment

Me and the wife both used to drive 10-12K per yr. Since December, when I retired, I have put < 1000 miles on my truck. She's still doing about the same on hers.

Comment

I drive 1.8 miles to work. The wife drives .3 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by kcnatural View Post
                                I drive 1.8 miles to work. The wife drives .3 miles.
                                Man if my non-home office was that close I'd ditch the car and walk lol

Comment

Working...
                                X