Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

How many miles do you drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'd find a different lifestyle. 9000 miles per month is 150 hours per month at 60 miles per hour. I'd say if you do any city or country road driving your average speed may be lower than that.
    A 40 hour work week is 160 hours per month. Seems like a lot of time away from the kids and home driving.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I used to do 7-8k/month selling drill bits in the oil patch. Thankfully have moved on to the office and am doing something else, but still average around 3k/month. Old lady does 12-15k/year.

Comment

My personal truck 1-1500 miles a year
        My company truck 20-25k miles a year
        My wife 12-15k a year.
        Most of my driving in my company truck is driving from home to work and back.

Comment

Around 70k a year

College Station to Sugarland 100 miles one way. Plus the ranch on the weekends.

Comment

I do about 60 a year. My dad when he was working put 100k on a new truck in less than a year.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
              Prior to COVID craziness, I did 90-100k a year. Did that for 4 years straight!!! Was in a work vehicle thankfully. I now do about 1500-2000 a month. Depends on the week and where I need to go. I drive my own truck but have a company gas card so don’t calculate my fuel bill right now. And now I’m doing real estate on top of oil field sales, so I’m sure my mileage will go up.

Same as this guy, minus the real estate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My wife drives 1500 miles a mont typically. I drive 6-7K miles a month typically. At one point I was driving 10K a month. 75% of my mileage is work related visiting customers etc.

Comment

Pre covid, my wife and I both had a 60 mile round trip to work. My commute is 30' now, and hers is 8 miles round trip. Our fuel bill is about 20% of what it was, and no tolls.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Comment

I purchased a 2019 tundra crew max nov 19
                    Just turned 50k
                    Fuel bill for tundra a f150 delivery truck and mommas ride runs 450.00 - 600 a month

Comment

20k a year on my pickup and about the same on my wife's car.

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                        Time for a plane
                        Been looking at a cirrus sr22. We buy a block of hrs for a plane right now and it's great for making day trips but more often than not our work trips are multiple days/locations. That gets very expensive if you're paying a pilot to stay the night or adding legs to come back and get you.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                          I think I'd find a different lifestyle. 9000 miles per month is 150 hours per month at 60 miles per hour. I'd say if you do any city or country road driving your average speed may be lower than that.
                          A 40 hour work week is 160 hours per month. Seems like a lot of time away from the kids and home driving.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                          I think this is probably accurate. Roughly 2-3 hrs each day in a car per my wife and myself. Some days less some days more. It all depends on what we have going on. The very best case scenario on a weekday is we ride together schedule permitting and are in the car together roughly 2.75 hrs. But that's not the norm.
                          Even when we go to the ranch it's usually 2 vehicles as we have 2 kids 4 dogs and various supplies/equipment that we haul with us.

Comment

Yeah we live in the sticks. 15 miles one way.

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
                              We love where we live. Money isn't an issue. More family time would be nice but even if we lived in Fort Worth proper as much time as we spend going to our various work locations it wouldn't even halve our monthly drive time...I don't think.

Humble brag.

For me, the wife and I live in a small town. She travels more for work than I do. Between both of us, even including her work travel and my trips to the lease, we drive right at 1,000 miles per month each.

Comment

I was 50k plus a year and wife was 40k pre Covid.

Since Covid, I’ve retired and she’s working from home. Now we are 20k a year total. Needless to say the monthly fuel bill has shrank considerably.

Comment

Working...
                                X