No announcement yet.

What boots for elk hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

REI is your best bet for variety to try on at the store.

My recommendation is to wear a Merino liner sock, very thin, adn then a heavier hiking type sock. Wearing the liner will help prevent blisters as the friction will be between socks.

This is the liner sock I wear, in fact I wear this sock just about everyday of the year. I even wear this sock at work in the extreme heat with my work boots, very comfortable and tough, they last for years.

Added benefit of the merino, they don't stink after wearing them for several days in a row.
    Last edited by JES; 07-05-2021, 02:10 AM.

Comment

I went to scheels this past weekend to try a few on. They were out of the two pair i was really looking at. I ordered lowa renegade and salomon quest 4. Hopefully one of these will work out. Still waiting for them to get here. But Im ready to start breaking them in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

After researching to the point of ridiculousness, I went with the Crispi Thor II GTX for the first pair.

Comment

A wide and waterproof-breathable version of the most durable and supportive boot in our best-selling Kailash collection.

Comment

Working...
          X