• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C R Cox View Post
    Lowa
    Renegade

Feel broke in from day one. Me and the wife wear them they are awesome
    I had the same experience, but that’s not to say they are for everyone.

Comment

Ford, Chevy or Dodge?

Comment

Originally posted by MLank View Post
        People will say

Crispi and Danner I’m sure.

I have crispi.
        Yep.....Crispi. For lightweight look at the Thor II but the ankle support will not be there....depends on what you like. For ankle support and good traction, the Colorado GTX is a very good boot....the summit is a little lighter as it is the same frame as the GTX but it does not have the added bracing for the ankle but both are dynamite. All Crispi will be waterproof as they have a built in neoprene layer...just make sure to water proof the rest with the Kiwi spray...do not get the Crispi stuff as it is not that good. And, make sure you wear gators with them....folks say they are not waterproof because water gets in from the top....gators are a must. And.....use the coupon code Rokslide10 for buying from BlackOvis....that is the place to get Crispi.

Comment

I just ordered the Crispi Colorados. They have some sweet sales going on over at Blackovis.com.

Also if you are or know someone thats a teacher, first responder, or military you get a solid discount at Backcountry.com

Good luck.

Comment

I used dancer pronghorns and was very pleased.. didn’t think socks were a big deal but I bought some kuiu socks that I was very happy I had after it was over

Comment

Whatever you do, take two pair of boots!! I learned this the hard way..

Comment

Lowa

Comment

On a more technical note. What socks should we be wearing for Elk and how should the boots fit?

Do we need room at the toe or do they need to be a tight fit?

Comment

Originally posted by trykonroye View Post
                    On a more technical note. What socks should we be wearing for Elk and how should the boots fit?

Do we need room at the toe or do they need to be a tight fit?
                    Darn tough socks for every hunt. No extra liner needed and just pick the cushion that feels best for you. I think with any boots if you’re packing you will not be happy with a boot that is tight to the end of your toes. That would hurt

Comment

https://meindlusa.com/collections/all-products

I like Meindhl's - The vakuum hunter is my personal choice but the comfort fit is good too I imagine

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                        Darn tough socks for every hunt. No extra liner needed and just pick the cushion that feels best for you. I think with any boots if you’re packing you will not be happy with a boot that is tight to the end of your toes. That would hurt

Not only hurt but with much downhill hiking and I guarantee you will lose a toenail (or two)

Comment

It really doesn’t matter what brands guys recommend, fit is king. I couldn’t get any of the Lowa’s, Salewa’s etc to fit my foot well, I ended up with the Salomon Quests and they worked great, no blisters on two backcountry hunts, one of those packing en elk 7+ miles. Downside to them is I don’t think they are as tough as the more premium mountain brands and likely won’t last as long.

I wear Darn Tough mid weight socks with Injini toe liners, Lathrop and Sons insoles over the cut down factory insoles, and tape the balls of my feet and heels with Leukotape. I take two pairs of socks and liners total and swap them each day.

To my point about fit mattering the most, my hunting partner tried the Injinji liners last trip and they drove him nuts. I love them.

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgrizz27 View Post
                            It really doesn’t matter what brands guys recommend, fit is king. I couldn’t get any of the Lowa’s, Salewa’s etc to fit my foot well, I ended up with the Salomon Quests and they worked great, no blisters on two backcountry hunts, one of those packing en elk 7+ miles. Downside to them is I don’t think they are as tough as the more premium mountain brands and likely won’t last as long.

I wear Darn Tough mid weight socks with Injini toe liners, Lathrop and Sons insoles over the cut down factory insoles, and tape the balls of my feet and heels with Leukotape. I take two pairs of socks and liners total and swap them each day.

To my point about fit mattering the most, my hunting partner tried the Injinji liners last trip and they drove him nuts. I love them.
                            About 1 season is all they are good for.
                            They break down too quick.
                            While they will still be a functional everyday boot, in fairly decent shape, they’re pretty much done, as far as a Mt boot imo.
                            Weight and size being factors as well.
                            I would say they are probably a 150 - 200 mile boot max, mileage may very.
                            Love em though.
                            Solomon is my go to, and I've spent the last 12 yrs with a pair on my feet 100% of the time.
                            My Russels are always along as well.
                            They have been worked over and repaired several times in our 23 yr relationship, but they never disappoint.
                            Old guard is changing out though at RMC, and their warranty isn't what it used to be, they'll still do the work, but they charge for it.
                            OP you might look at getting a custome pair made, such as RMC or others.

Comment

Lowa, asolo, or la sportiva. I like the la sportiva myself.

Comment

Don’t be brand conscious go try them on.

Comment

Working...
                                X