Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote=Johnny Dangerr;15477104]
    Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
    Johnny, how’s the noise level on that Kohler?

Not to bad. Have the muffler pointing at my neighbor behind us...........
    Ha!

Qty 2 Predators 2k with hookup. I havent had to run them thankfully this storm, we mainly use them on the travel trailer. Im glad to hear these beasts are pulling through for people in need.

Comment

With the cost of pool repairs, and parts availability short due to covid, i think a whole home generator will be worth the money.

Comment

Powermate (yamaha motor). 8500/6800. It's a beast. Got it after Hurricane Katrina. Always starts up.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          New to the generator game and bought a Predator 2000 to run my CPAP, charge phones and maybe some lights last week just in case there was an issue. Since we are gas heat, I got lucky and found out it would run my blower fan and thermostat at 600-800 watts for the whole house. It’s been a warm 68 degrees in my house since Monday AM despite not having any electricity and it being -2 degrees up here with a windchill of -8 yesterday ...Plus a few lights, and various other small electronics including charging our phones and a CPAP. All on now 6 gallons of fuel. I’ll revisit a bigger one after this for whole house but this 2,000 has been a godsend for us. It’s been flawless ..and kept us warm. Have two other buddies that are doing the same with a 2,000 because that’s all they could find buying late in the game. Plus that little bastage will come in handy at the lease or at Bownanza type gatherings.

How many hours did you run that Preditor with shutting it down?

Comment

bump -

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
              How many hours did you run that Preditor with shutting it down?

46 hours....Bone Thug ran his 58 straight... I would have ran mine as long as I needed but our electricty started coming on and staying on for longer periods . I poured a gallon-ish of fuel in it every 7-8 ish hours with a funnel while it ran.. Did want to risk it not restarting...not that I have had any problem starting it but it was worth the tiny risk to fill it running.

Oil level was fine and still looked good.
              Last edited by Smart; 02-18-2021, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
                I have a little Honda 2000 and it's been great for the last 12 years or so. Wish I had another so I could run them together.
                That's what I was wondering. Is it better to have 2 smaller generators or 1 bigger one. If you only have a few things to run, only use 1 unit.

Comment

Ford. 11500 surge watts, 9000 running watts.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    46 hours....Bone Thug ran his 58 straight... I would have ran mine as long as I needed but our electricty started coming on and staying on for longer periods . I poured a gallon-ish of fuel in it every 7-8 ish hours with a funnel while it ran.. Did want to risk it not restarting...not that I have had any problem starting it but it was worth the tiny risk to fill it running.

Oil level was fine and still looked good.
                    google and rig up a 5 or 7 gallon extended run boat fuel tank.

Comment

Originally posted by 8th1 View Post
                      That's what I was wondering. Is it better to have 2 smaller generators or 1 bigger one. If you only have a few things to run, only use 1 unit.
                      Depends on your situation and what you need to run. If you need a high wattage item like a water heater or 3 ton ac unit you will need a big one. If you just needs lights and refrigerator 1 small one may work for you, but if you just have a 2000 watt generator like I do you may not want to try to wire into your panel and just rely on an extension cord and plug. Reason is that it comes out only in 110v so you would have to split it across both buss bars. I don't feel comfortable doing that so if I add an interlock switch I will step up to a 230v output generator capable of running my required load.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                        google and rig up a 5 or 7 gallon extended run boat fuel tank.

Daaang ...good idea! I like that even though I hope I never have to do that again...lol

Comment

Might as well - Generators - what are you running

Champion 11,500, but hopefully next time this happens it will be a 22kw generac. I'm missing my standby that I installed at the old house.

Last edited by Stolle; 02-18-2021, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Cat 5500. Runs 17 hrs on 5 gallons. Tv, video game consoles, 2 fridges, gas oven, computer and heated blankets

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

2-2000i Honda’s. They will each run a couple of fridges/ freezers. Then some lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Can you run these portable generators in your garage if you crack the garage door for air circulation? Any cons to doing this?

Comment

Working...
                                X