Might as well - Generators - what are you running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    It has been a game changer for us up here with as much as we have been out. We can make a lot of sacrifices from our everyday luxuries if we are warm....that and hot water from a gas water heater go a long dang way. It also enabled us to go get my FIL who had been sitting in a 38 degree house bundled up in his comforter for a 1.5 days with zero heat. After refusing several times just knowing it was going to come on any minute, I finally went to the stubborn suckers house 40 miles away and got him after he refused a couple of times. He was glad to see us. Hes all kinds of warm now and his color is back.
    Good on you Jason. I took my similarly same stubborn-type 72yr old MIL a portable butane stove yesterday after she had been without any heat for quite awhile. When we showed up she was in the garage with the door open trying to get warm in her running car.

Comment

Bought a Predator 9000 over the summer and this is my first time using it. Has worked great going on two days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
        A lot of times the interior units are just plugged into a normal outlet and not wired in, so there is a solid chance an extension cord will work for you.
        Originally posted by Smart View Post
        110 plug mounted right next to furnace up in my attic ... pulled plug out and put it into the extension cord with a surge protector running from my generator to it. Easy as heck.
        Well, learn something new every day

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post

Me too...about three days ago.

Comment

I just have a 5K Briggs. currently loaned to a friend that does not have power and i am hoping my power does not go out lol

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
              I'm going to have to look at my furnace to see if I have a plug too. It was just installed in July so hopefully it does.

Comment

GE 20kw on propane with automatic transfer switch

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                  Kohler 20K. Been running 3 days. Will service it today....................

Johnny, how’s the noise level on that Kohler?

Comment

Generac 6500, haven't lost power yet, but ready to go. It is wired into my breaker box for a back feed. Has enough power to run my whole house, minus AC, POOL and Electric Stove. Good enough for me.

Comment

Generac 24kw plumed into a 500gallon propane tank. I had to run it 40 hours but we have power back now.

Comment

Generac GP7500E. I need to get set up to where I can run things in the house without using cords. I'll have an electrician do that.

Comment

[QUOTE=Rcole1310;15476952]Johnny, how’s the noise level on that Kohler?

Not to bad. Have the muffler pointing at my neighbor behind us...........

Comment

[quote=Johnny Dangerr;15477104]
                            Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
                            Johnny, how’s the noise level on that Kohler?

Not to bad. Have the muffler pointing at my neighbor behind us...........
                            Bahahaha....classic 😂😂

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	C16DD2B7-6D41-4B4F-829F-B10537F0A08B.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	24644839
                              Champion 6875/5500 watt. Bought it last summer during hurricane scare and luckily didn’t need it. Haven’t need it yet. I’m probably going to sell it and get a bigger one after witnessing what’s going on out there.

Comment

Have a Northstar 13000 with Honda 20 HP and a Honda EB2500 both on standby. Big one backfires like a son of a gun so need to figure that out as it is annoying but still creates power. Just started them to make sure they got the rust off and started making my repair list at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                                X