No announcement yet.

Rolling blackout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine just came back on here in Sadler. Was off about 35 minutes. First time it had been off.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Need more windmills and snow covered solar panels

Comment

Seriously, what causes all these blackouts??? I’m on the coast, we haven’t had enough ice build up on power lines to bring them down. What in the world is going on???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Power has been out here since 7:20Am. Called and they Said it’s due to state blackouts but couldn’t give an estimate when it would come back on.

Comment

Been out since 5am at my house.

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
              Seriously, what causes all these blackouts??? I’m on the coast, we haven’t had enough ice build up on power lines to bring them down. What in the world is going on???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Too much power consumption. They force blackouts to avoid bigger problems

Comment

Rolling blackouts causing problems with our water treatment plant. If blackouts continue we will run out of water by afternoon. 20,000 connections in Rockwall, Hunt, Rains, and Hopkins Counties.

Comment

I’m wondering how much these rolling blackouts even work... Folks just turn twice as much stuff on as soon as it returns.

We haven’t lost power yet here in Flower Mound. Wondering if there is anything we can do with the pool equipment when it does...

Comment

Our "rolling blackout" has been ongoing since 2am. No power at all since then. Around 40 degrees inside, so I pulled out the hunting clothes and some whiskey. The house now feels like my hunting blind.

Comment

I’m not going to say if we have power or not, don’t wanna jinx it....

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                        I'm in this outage right now. Holy crap. [ATTACH]1040626[/ATTACH]
                        I'm in that outage too, no power since 2am...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                          Should have planned and built a bigger grid
                          X2

Comment

Originally posted by Txarrowhunter View Post
                            Northwest Parker county out since 1:50am
                            I’m 7 miles north of Weatherford but we haven’t lost power yet. Certainly hope we don’t.
                            Good luck.

Comment

Seems as though theyre rolling some places out and not messing with others. We’ve been without power more than we’ve had it since 3am, and my mom, my dad and my mother in all (all separate houses 10+miles apart) have had electricity this whole time. Whats up with that??

I feel for yall that have been without electricity for hours on end with no backup generator. We’d be sitting in the car if that happened as I dont have a generator either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                                Too much power consumption. They force blackouts to avoid bigger problems
                                I’m not buying that. People losing power in the middle of the night for hours. Some still don’t have power now. I work at a power plant and we do all the major jobs in the middle of the night where they have to drop the load or what we call a de-rate on the unit because that’s when usage is the lowest. I’m betting most of these outages are due to snow and ice. Knock on wood, I haven’t lost power yet.
                                The last snow/ice storm we had last month, I was out of power for 3 straight days. At least I had hot water to take showers and gas stove to cook meals.

Comment

Working...
                                X