Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Rolling blackout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adgerc15 View Post
    We were on and off from 2-5 but been out consistently since 5. Tole to
    Drain the pool Equipment?

Ac
    Yep go drain the pool equipment. I'm 15-30 min from doing mine and my outage started at 5:36. Already seeing ice form on the pool.

Comment

Just got power back here in Boerne. We were down 2.5 hours. Pool pumps and everything else seem to be fine. I was worried it would freeze up at 6 degrees.

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
        Just got power back here in Boerne. We were down 2.5 hours. Pool pumps and everything else seem to be fine. I was worried it would freeze up at 6 degrees.

We’ve been down now almost 12 hours. Pool pumps and waterfall were running fine when power went out. Now the pool is completely frozen over. Probably gonna be bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a fireplace with an insert in it, 9 pieces of wood heated the entire house yesterday, might need a few more pieces today. If the power goes off, the blowers won't work, but the fireplace will still heat the living area. Have propane camping equipment for back up to cook on. Water well has a good well house over it and a heater in it, but if the power goes, none of that will work, so I have plenty of bottled water. So far, power hasn't gone off here. I have a generator, but couldn't get it to start yesterday...
          Last edited by softpoint; 02-15-2021, 07:47 AM.

Comment

No power at home but power at the office. Warming up nicely here it was -2 when I got to work it’s 0 now wind still has us at -18

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
              Yea that could create a bomb in your house when they bring it back up and one of your gas appliances is not lit and now you have a gas leak in the house.
              During a gas outage event they go and turn everyone impacted off. Purge the air out of the mains and services, then come back and relight your appliances

So gas is the way to go

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                Gas heat and wood burning stoves instead of electric heat pumps.
                That is what everyone has up here in the Midwest. Actually more Propane than natural gas. Natural gas in most city limits, propane in rural areas, wood stoves, wood fired boilers, and radiant in floor heating. The demand is really no higher now than in any other year. There is plenty of power on the grid available. If a customer has an outage due to a blown transformer, fuse, downed line, etc. our little CO-OP (Southern Iowa Electric) is on it quickly. Usually within 30-45 minutes from a call power is back on. We have had one outage since we have lived here. A bird blew out transformer fuse Labor Day weekend. I was worried since it was a holiday. I called and a service crew was here in 30 minutes.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

3 or 4 times last night in The Colony, I blame it on our President

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    Back on in Denton/Corinth area
                    I'm in Corinth as well. I wish mine was back on. It's been out for hours

Comment

Made it to cypress

Comment

Out from 5:00 this morning until now.

Comment

No “rolling” here. It’s just out and has been since 2:30.

Comment

Northwest Parker county out since 1:50am

Comment

Ours have been good about ours. 15-20 minutes at a time. Some others longer that have actual issues but our rolling blackouts aren’t bad

Comment

Been out 4 different times in granbury since about 3 a.m.

Comment

Working...
                                X