No announcement yet.

Rolling blackout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After 8 hours I'm back on and starting to warm up in the house. 8+ hours in <5 degree temps in the wellhouse froze everything since the heater out there went out with the power. Something cracked and oozed water for a bit until everything froze solid. I'm probably without water for a few days now until I can figure out what popped and repair it -- assuming I can even find the parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
      I’m 7 miles north of Weatherford but we haven’t lost power yet. Certainly hope we don’t.

Good luck.
      I'm in Weatherford and know several that don't have power. One lady lives in an apartment off 180 and hasn't had power since early this morning. The others are going on a couple hrs without it.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

Power out in pasadena since about 7, went ahead and got the generator out and running. Centerpoint said it might be out till tomorrow.

Comment

Other states.

Originally posted by MAP View Post
          This kind of stuff aggrevates me....shows how screwed we all are if something bad really happens. Over the past year there have been signs after signs of when things are needed the most, that's when you can depend on them the least.

It just seems that we could be past the point of not being able to handle a few days of cold weather, especially when other parts of the country can handle it for months at a time every year.
          My wife's family is from North Iowa.Everyone in her hometown has gas furnaces,and water heaters.I know very few people in my area of North Texas that has gas,unless they live in the country,with a propane tank.

Comment

Guess I would have to say pretty disappointed in the State, everyone new this was coming and they are not prepared at ALL. Hate to see if we had a real disaster. There are states all around that can that can handle a little cold, this is ridiculous!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
              My wife's family is from North Iowa.Everyone in her hometown has gas furnaces,and water heaters.I know very few people in my area of North Texas that has gas,unless they live in the country,with a propane tank.
              But even if you have gas you need electricity to run the fan, we are very unprepared.

Comment

Northeast Dallas. No blackouts here. We are lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddox View Post
                  Center Point has said rolling blackouts are lasting 1 hour each and if yours is lasting longer than an hour its a equipment failure and you should expect to be without electricity till “at least the rest of the day”.
                  Thanks!

Comment

We have an Ashley fireplace insert that heats the house. Has electric fan but if power goes out I have a generator to run the fan

Comment

Originally posted by DNTRanch View Post
                      But even if you have gas you need electricity to run the fan, we are very unprepared.
                      This is barely anything the north sees. Gas is great but like you said fan isnt running and they usually have basement furnace. I'm confused why we're struggling to keep power on, I cant imagine it's worse than summer ac load

Comment

Entergy in Conroe here just text saying we are out until 11:59 pm tomorrow. Good Ole buddy heater getting put to good use

Comment

How many wind turbines have been built and how many gas fired power plants have been built? I’d guess a lot more wind turbines that only work when the wind blows.

Comment

PEC North of Georgetown. No juice since 9:30 this morning and was also off last night at some point for several hours. Heat lamps in my well house went out and something froze, so now we don't have water either. Melting snow on my propane burner for livestock. Already tired of breaking ice on troughs

Comment

Originally posted by Beleg View Post
                              How many wind turbines have been built and how many gas fired power plants have been built? I’d guess a lot more wind turbines that only work when the wind blows.
                              The turbine froze up.

Really disappointed in our electric utilities. Sure use solar and wind when its nice but have a plan for when the solar arrays are covered in snow and the turbines freeze up. Seems like we could have an offline station to fire up if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
                                This is barely anything the north sees. Gas is great but like you said fan isnt running and they usually have basement furnace. I'm confused why we're struggling to keep power on, I cant imagine it's worse than summer ac load
                                It takes lots of NG to produce the electricity. People aren't using lots of NG in the summer. Gas furnaces, ranges, ovens and water heaters are being used at high capacity in this cold. NG demand.
                                Abbott is to blame. No excuse when we produce as much NG as anyone.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X