Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mice and trucks don't mix ..... what to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
    Ive never known anyone around here to have this problem. I’m sure it happens, just never seen or heard of it around here.
    It’ll happen. When it does, it’ll happen overnight. I never even heard of of it happening, then BAM!! Overnight the rats chewed wires on all 3 harnesses on my truck. $ 2200.

Comment

Just one bite poison and park with the hood open with a light shining on your engine.

Had a harness chewed once.... never again!

They are attracted to the heat lifting the hood helps a lot.

Comment

Pilar, I use cotton balls or TP.

Comment

I've been a victim several times myself, Gonna try the Tomcat repellent!!

Comment

So far this mixture has worked:

Combine two teaspoons of peppermint oil with one cup of water and then add a few drops of dish detergent to help the ingredients mix better. Shake it all together in a spray bottle and apply the mixture.

Spray a few times a week for a few weeks then you can probably just spray once a week.

There are some youtube showing that mice don't like peppermint oil. Seems to also work for rats.
            Last edited by altez; 02-13-2021, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Peppermint oil is supposed to be a detrimental in keeping them away. Any very strong fragrance is supposed to work. I have heard to sprinkle organic blood meal around, they do not like the smell of blood. It pretty cheap.

Comment

Working...
              X