Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mice and trucks don't mix ..... what to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this pretty common in south/west Texas? I’ve never seen or heard this up here in east Tx

Comment

I've read here that a lot of guys will put a light under their hood. They hook it up to a solar panel to keep the battery.

Comment

I have lease truck. I put peppermint oil in snuff can with holes punched in it. Have lost one distributor wire in 9 years. Just freshen after I use truck, usually at lease once month in off season.

Comment

Originally posted by Dc78 View Post
          I have lease truck. I put peppermint oil in snuff can with holes punched in it. Have lost one distributor wire in 9 years. Just freshen after I use truck, usually at lease once month in off season.
          Good idea the snuff can , do you use cotton or paper towels inside
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
            Is this pretty common in south/west Texas? I’ve never seen or heard this up here in east Tx
            Happens regularly in E Tx.

Comment

Get you a steel 3 inch pipe four feet long or so and lie it on the ground near your truck and keep it filled with Tom cat green blocks.

Comment

I had it happen during a 3 day period when I was parked at camp. They got into and made a nest in the air vent for the a/c. Turned on the fan and sucked the nest into it. That fan never worked right after.

Comment

know a guy that took some Feedlot Panels tie them to gather and park his truck on top of them and hook up a fence charger to the panels. he never had anymore mice problem.

Comment

I had a rat get under the dash of a new tractor. Chewed the dang wires off at the guages.. wife started feeding a stray cat and now the mice end up on the door step.. they haven't got into the tractor again..

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                      Pop the hood when you park it and throw some moth balls under it. There are a few threads on this topic with great suggestions too.
                      I put a paper plate full under the hood

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                        I had a rat get under the dash of a new tractor. Chewed the dang wires off at the guages.. wife started feeding a stray cat and now the mice end up on the door step.. they haven't got into the tractor again..
                        I'm beginning to think a camp cat is not a bad idea. Don't have quail near us anyways.

Comment

Just tie the cat to your engine block and don’t feed !
                          Problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
                            You have never heard of rats, squirrels or mice eating up stuff under the hood of trucks? I thought it happened everywhere those rodents exist, it's very common here.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                              You have never heard of rats, squirrels or mice eating up stuff under the hood of trucks? I thought it happened everywhere those rodents exist, it's very common here.
                              Ive never known anyone around here to have this problem. I’m sure it happens, just never seen or heard of it around here.

Comment

We had porcupines eat all the wires and hydraulic hoses off a bulldozer, so if you got them watch out

Comment

Working...
                                X