No announcement yet.

Diesel anti- gel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I put anti gel in mine over the weekend. Batteries died on my yesterday. Jumped it off and kept it running all day with no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
      No its 2012 6.7 F350. I didn't even have it plugged in. Electricity is out at home. But It starts fine everytime even without it plugged in. I just had that one wierd issue. Drove it around town and no more leaks so hopefully it was a one n done deal.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
      Well it leaked again at initial start up this morning but no leak since. I guess somethings shrinking in the cold...hmm this sounds familiar[emoji57]

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been keeping my truck plugged in when I get home everynight. It fires up strong everymorning-I've been scrolling into the system's temperatures on the dash-my oil has been holding at 122 degrees everymorning. My transmission temperature was at 15 degrees yesterday. I let her idle for about 10 minutes-the tranny was at 87 degrees when i rolled out of the driveway. I also park the truck where my def tank is not on the wind side. We had a temperature of 2 degrees with a windchill factor of -18 day before yesterday. That -18 will freeze sh** up quick on the wind side!!

Comment

No issues here.

Comment

Wish i would have seen this tread sooner...... 2021 3.0 Duramax has been dead in the driveway since Monday morning.

Comment

I've seen several gel'd up in Waxahachie.One was running down the service road,and quit.One was leaving HEB,and died.My neighbors '21 Duramax made it about 10 feet this morning.

Comment

I made it @ 1/2 mile yesterday. I was able to limp back home. I called several places, finally found a jug of Howes in Forest Hill, best I could tell- last jug in S Fort Worth. I shared it with several guys in the Autozone parking lot, got home and was able to run the F350 enough to get it circulated in the fuel system. I also think putting a flood light under the truck on the filter housing helped.

Comment

My truck is stuck until it thaws!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Add this to the list of another reason I will probably never own a diesel.

My 2020 Dodge 6.4 Hemi has fired right up every morning. Got to water the calves and horses.

Comment

This popped up on my youtube this am

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                        https://youtu.be/n8gDN_6esfs

The Howes doesn’t fare to well in his test compared to the others if I remember correctly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine fired right up and ran great. I didn’t do anything to mine. But I use this year round so it was already good to go. You need to use a fuel additive and not just during the winter.

Removes deposits from the entire diesel injection system, including heavy deposits in the combustion chambers and inside the injectors of HPCR systems.

Try this link to find some in your area.

Need high quality BG for your car? Consumers can use our map to find a BG dealership or shop! And learn more about car care from BG experts.

It is only sold at professional mechanic shops.
                          Last edited by M16; 02-17-2021, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                            The Howes doesn’t fare to well in his test compared to the others if I remember correctly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                            May not, HSS fared better, but- I just made a snuff run with no issues. I will not let it happen again.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                              https://youtu.be/n8gDN_6esfs

Interesting. I put stanadyne in my tank before this stuff hit and had no issues with gelling or hard starting at the coldest temps so far.

Comment

[mention]gneimeth [/mention] [mention]Bassbuster [/mention] thank you both for the advice in helping getting my truck running. Couldn’t have done it without you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X