No announcement yet.

Diesel anti- gel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sell oil and fuel for a living , and I also drove a first gen Cummins when I lived in Wyoming . To make you guys feel better from first hand experience it is almost a must to treat your tanks with anti gel ( we dont have #1 diesel like they do up north for winter ) It is not just a hard start problem , as it is a clogged fuel rail and fuel filter issue. Easiest way to explain it is once cold enough your fuel will begin to try and form crystals or wax and that’s where the issue begins .
    When it stays freezing like it will this week, your truck might start and idle fine , but once you get rolling all that waxed diesel will be sucked in to your filter and clog it , causing you to starve the engine for fuel and die . So with that said if you plan on running your diesel this week you need to keep an eye on your fuel and fuel filter as it can leave you stranded quick . Also you might want to look into recommended additives as we all know these new California diesel trucks are very picky about what you add to them , I’d hate to try and be pro active and only find out Ford voided my warranty because I didn’t use motorcraft or something along those lines . Either way I hope everyone stays safe out there this week !

Comment

Diesel anti- gel

I added the
      on Friday and drove it both Friday and Saturday about 20 miles each day , today it won’t start [emoji35] 2015 F-250 6.7
      Power is out so can’t even plug it in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Am I correct in assuming it will ungel when temp comes back up ?

Comment

Originally posted by deerslayer64d View Post
          Am I correct in assuming it will ungel when temp comes back up ?

Curious also. My 06 is at the house while Im offshore.

Comment

I used it and haven’t tried to start it. I’m hearing a lot of people say there’s still won’t start even though they used it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bureau2 View Post
              I used it and haven’t tried to start it. I’m hearing a lot of people say there’s still won’t start even though they used it.

[emoji2357]

Comment

Pretty good comparison test here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Tried to start mine this morning. No dice.

Comment

Originally posted by deerslayer64d View Post
                    I added the
                    on Friday and drove it both Friday and Saturday about 20 miles each day , today it won’t start [emoji35] 2015 F-250 6.7
                    Power is out so can’t even plug it in

Ouch, scary stuff. I wouldn’t touch it again until temps hit mid 30’s-40’s for a while.
                    I bet it gelled up n the fuel lines to\from the engine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I poured some of the power service in my 06 duramax Saturday morning and have put about 50 miles on it since then. She started this morning and got me to work fine so hopefully it stays that way.

Comment

My 2019 F250 wouldn't start yesterday. I plugged in the block heater and went to autozone. The only thing they had was seafoam. I put about 30oz in the tank and it fired right up. Fired up fine this morning also

Comment

Live in an apartment at the moment. Had to go find a long *** extension cord and hope it heats it up. Shows Dallas won’t get above freezing until Saturday.

Comment

6.0 work truck fired right up this morning and it was 14 degrees. I use archoil 6200 fuel treatment every fill up for the injectors it’s not a anti-gel treatment

Comment

I have had two customers with gelled diesel in tractors so far. Told them good luck for now to bad to get out to them

Comment

2019 6.7 dodge started up no issues at all. Do not have heater plugged in

Comment

Working...
                                X