I 35 pile up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jnors06 View Post
    One of my coworkers and good friends was involved with this, he was able to stop in time but got hit after the fact. He said most people including him bailed out of their cars as soon as they were able too.

He also said it was the worst thing he's ever had to see. Prayers to all involved and for the families of the ones who didn't make it.

The guy in the black FJ that got caught between the fedex truck and the ford survived, said he had a big gash on his forehead but was ok.
    That is a miracle

Comment

Stay in your car unless you can safely and quickly get outside of the area. Cars are made to take alot of damage.

Comment

I had to turn off the video I was sent. I can’t watch that. Very sad situation.
        Just sat my teenage daughter down and talked her through how to best handle road conditions like these and this type of situation. Just pray my loved ones are never in this scenario

Comment

One of our partners niece was in the car with her child under the truck circled in red.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
            I had to turn off the video I was sent. I can’t watch that. Very sad situation.
            Just sat my teenage daughter down and talked her through how to best handle road conditions like these and this type of situation. Just pray my loved ones are never in this scenario
            This is a perfect time for exactly this conversation, along with what supplies to have in the car in these conditions. Like a blanket, a light, some water (Not full, and in a spot where it won't freeze), maybe some collapsible cones, and if you are making long jaunts in the country, a snickers or two, and a freeze dried meal in case you are stuck in a ditch for long periods.

Comment

Just heard from my son. They finally finished clearing vehicles around midnight. He has seen some bad wrecks, but this one is the worst just because of the shear size of it. This is his weekend off and I'll sure be glad to see him home.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post

One of our partners niece was in the car with her child under the truck circled in red.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                Thats terrifying, did they make it out ok?

Comment

This may have been mentioned. I heard a 3rd party was supposed to treat the roads and didn’t show up.

Comment

Just heard the Boyd ISD superintendent’s husband was killed in the wreck. Just awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomstick View Post
                      I drive this same stretch daily and yesterday the highway to that point was completely fine, no slick spots whatsoever. All of traffic was rollin 65-70 just like a normal day. Common sense had nothing to do with this.
                      Exactly. And the “common sense” comment you’re referring to was completely unnecessary.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                        This is a perfect time for exactly this conversation, along with what supplies to have in the car in these conditions. Like a blanket, a light, some water (Not full, and in a spot where it won't freeze), maybe some collapsible cones, and if you are making long jaunts in the country, a snickers or two, and a freeze dried meal in case you are stuck in a ditch for long periods.
                        A good friend of mine grew up in rural Iowa and he told me this was just SOP for them. Water, a day's worth of rations, blankets, and stuff to make a fire. he said when he was about 12 years old he and his dad were stranded for about 16 hours in sub-zero temps, and those preparations likely saved them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cberry View Post
                          Thats terrifying, did they make it out ok?
                          Yes. Banged up and transported to hospital. They were pulled out through the windshield.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                            Yes. Banged up and transported to hospital. They were pulled out through the windshield.
                            That is amazing. I can't imagine the driver of white truck survived. The video I saw on facebook shows the white track crash, then the black fj run in to the back of it and about 15 seconds later the Go2 truck smashes both of them. I can't believe the driver of FJ made it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                              That is amazing. I can't imagine the driver of white truck survived. The video I saw on facebook shows the white track crash, then the black fj run in to the back of it and about 15 seconds later the Go2 truck smashes both of them. I can't believe the driver of FJ made it.
                              It goes to show you how really safe designed vehicles do help. Still amazing though that something like that is survivable.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                Edit: Maybe in Houston.

Ground is froze here.
                                yep. Ground is cold enough here too for everything to stick.

Comment

Working...
                                X