No announcement yet.

2021-22 east texas season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow for me right now. I’ve been in the woods almost every day and night since last Saturday. I have seen only a few tiny rubs, barely any scrapes and only a few of those were active. I don’t run a lot of Cameras, did catch a 2 small buck after 2-3 days being out. I don’t think the big deer have come out trolling yet, setting up areas around does.
    The areas I usually hunt have big deer moving through them, usually the end of this week to next week.

I’ve seen less deer this year than usual, but the one I have seen are groups of does with No bucks anywhere around. 2 small bucks came to rattling horns. I can usually get a dinky spike to always come in, havnt seen one this year. Activity overall seems slower to start than the last two years anyway.
    I havnt seen as many deer on the side of the highway, and none crossing the backroads when going out to hunt.

I’ve seen 5-6 coyotes, which is more than I’ve seen past 10years. Pigs are out of control!

I hunt east Texas public land. I don’t hunt the same spots, always moving around to see if activity better somewhere else’s. It seems to be slow everywhere.

I have seen some 10-11am activity, I havnt started hunting all day yet, since so slow I don’t know what’s going on between 12-3pm.

Hopefully picks up this week, before the guns come out

Comment

“Pigeon Toes Assassin” put a 110# nanny goat in the dirt, like the hand of God himself struck her down!!!
      Attached Files

Comment

Congrats young lady.

Comment

This

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
          This afternoon/evening was dead. Not one single gun shot heard from the mld or youth hunters.
          Limestone was dead this evening.

Comment

I was able to talk the wife into letting me and my oldest sneak off this afternoon for his first hunt ever with him being the shooter. Now I'm back on baby duty. Ive always thought I was decent at math but apparently I can't figure out when 9 months later ends up being bow season.
            Attached Files

Comment

Fantastic old nanny doe! Congrats young lady!!

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                “Pigeon Toes Assassin” put a 110# nanny goat in the dirt, like the hand of God himself struck her down!!!
                Congratulations to the young lady!

Comment

As should be expected on Halloween… good movement here in northeast polk county so far this am including a buck in full on stupid mode running across my open field (not sure where doe was, but he was digging hard). Maybe you have read some of my musings about overall recent disappointing deer numbers. I saw more deer so far this am than I saw all summer poking around on my place. Now is the time to be hunting. Yes

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                    As should be expected on Halloween… good movement here in northeast polk county so far this am including a buck in full on stupid mode running across my open field (not sure where doe was, but he was digging hard). Maybe you have read some of my musings about overall recent disappointing deer numbers. I saw more deer so far this am than I saw all summer poking around on my place. Now is the time to be hunting. Yes
                    And with the weather coming this week the general opener will be probably the best in a long time. Glad you had a good sit.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                      And with the weather coming this week the general opener will be probably the best in a long time. Glad you had a good sit.
                      Thank you. I am about to get down. Man, it was chilly early. Broiling now. This am def was the jolt I needed. Days leading up to Saturday will be good. I am a big believer in the first week of November.

Comment

The deer hunting right now is almost as bad as the Astros. I spent four days at the lease and saw more movement Thursday and Friday in the gale force winds than I did yesterday and today. Cameras are dead, movement is dead, there is just nothing going on right now and I can’t understand why.

Comment

Have you tried beating on trash can lids?…… like rattling for Astro fans. Lol

Comment

Had 3 sits in hardin county, and all we saw where doe and fawns. Not 1 buck, they are rutting hard right now, thats crazy not 1 buck cruising with all the doe out

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                              Have you tried beating on trash can lids?…… like rattling for Astro fans. Lol
                              Lol I suppose I could try, but I’m not even sure there’s any deer around to hear them if I did.o

Comment

It's just stupid in Houston co right now. I mean stupid. A guy could get run over by a rut crazed buck today. I have totally lost count of the mature bucks I have seen in the past 20 hours. Stupid i say

Comment

Working...
                                X