No announcement yet.

2021-22 east texas season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank God the wind finally laid down, just in time for the coldest morning of the year.

Good luck tomorrow everyone!

Comment

Between MLDP and youth season I have heard a whopping 1 shot. I haven’t even seen a deer, and this is not a stand where I get skunked.

Comment

All 3 cell cams in Newton county had legal bucks on them this morning. A buddies son saw a good buck in buna but it didn't give him a good chance for a shot.

Comment

Absolutely no wind in Tyler county this morning. Still in the stand sticking it out with my 7yo. We watched a nubbin buck eat corn from about 7:30a - 9:15a. His momma finally came out of the creek bottom at 9:20a, stayed for a few minutes and they were gone. We’ll sit for another hour or so then back at it this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
            Between MLDP and youth season I have heard a whopping 1 shot. I haven’t even seen a deer, and this is not a stand where I get skunked.
            My cameras have shown quite a bit of midday activity since Tuesday even in the wind.

Comment

Almost 11 and I finally have some deer out feeding

Comment

Lola and I seen 1 cat squirrel this morning

Super slow

Comment

I had deer on hand corn at 6:30am. Young 8pt I had never seen before came in at 7:15 and pushed a doe back and forth through my area until 8:15am. I just got out of the tree and jumped a doe walking out.

Comment

North liberty county was lit up this morning. Between my hunting buddy and I we saw 8 bucks and 5 does. We both ended up shooting a doe and his weighed in at 114 live weight. None of the bucks were mature (3.5 and younger) but it was still a good time. Had a young 8 point running does around the feeder and grunting for about 30 minutes. He really put on a show lol

Comment

The bodies are starting to hit the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                        My cameras have shown quite a bit of midday activity since Tuesday even in the wind.
                        I hunted till 9 this morning. Had to be somewhere . Saw no deer. Standing at truck shucking some layers and a big doe crosses the road headed toward the stand. Pulled cards and saw bucks cruising mid day.

Comment

Seen 2 doe this morning at 9 and that was it, back at it with my son this evening

Comment

This afternoon/evening was dead. Not one single gun shot heard from the mld or youth hunters.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                              This afternoon/evening was dead. Not one single gun shot heard from the mld or youth hunters.
                              Yea well the gun fire will change next weekend. When I used to hunt up there by you every opening weekend by 8:00 am someone would break out the ARs and shoot for hours both morning and evening. Drove me insane. Sorry for the slow evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                                Yea well the gun fire will change next weekend. When I used to hunt up there by you every opening weekend by 8:00 am someone would break out the ARs and shoot for hours both morning and evening. Drove me insane. Sorry for the slow evening.
                                Yep they still do it almost every morning and evening.

Comment

Working...
                                X