X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a video Tommy!

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
      Searched your buddy when checking guns...The Mexicans? How hard core? Looking for anything in particular? Not that we take any liberties when crossing but.....
      I’m not sure what they were looking for but they opened every bag, box, etc that I had. Then before I left, they did it again. Both searches took 10-20min each. I’ve been searched every year checking guns and at various checkpoints but never like this. They didn’t even search the others checking guns this thorough. Maybe just random occurrence, who knows.

Another random piece, there was a new checkpoint with Municipal Police before Jimenez so if anyone is traveling from PN and going past Jimenez, you’ll have the check at the prison and this new one more than likely.

Comment

Crossed at Columbia 11/20 AM and returned 11/25 AM short waits both times everything went smooth.

Comment

Headed down this morning. Gonna check in guns. Should get to colombia about noon. Hopefully line is low.

Comment

Line was back to plaza at piedras this morning at 7:25

Comment

Mexico Opener Success

We had a GREAT opening at our Mexico Lease. My girlfriend made her first trip to the lease South of the Border. She experienced many firsts on this trip. 5 of my 6 hunters were in camp and thats a first. Gotta love a full camp. 3 trophies taken the first weekend before they got all broke up. Thats also a good thing.

My girl made a great shot on this monster 8 with the 6.5 and he only lasted a second, he will tape out 160"+or-, 28" beams, 6.5 years old and live weight 218 !!! She had tears for 2 days and absolutely knows what she has killed. There is no better feeling than being a part of a hunt like this. Very proud of this lady.

Both of my East Texas Boys scored great bucks also. These boys have been with me almost every trip to the lease. They have worked hard to manage this lease and I couldnt be happier for their success. The Beautiful 10pt. that was named respectfully "Kate" will also be in the 160" category, 7.5 years old and weighed in at 225. The final buck was "Tank", a bow kill and a mid 150", 6.5 years old and 228 lbs!!

This lease is everything Mexico is supposed to be and I could not be happier with what we are doing there. Shooting old bucks and loving what Mexico has to offer. I appreciate all my hunters and what they are helping do with this property. In case anyone is wondering, In my opinion, "there is no place on earth better to chase the whitetail deer than South of the Rio Grande"

We are truly Blessed!!
              Attached Files

Comment

Congratulations on some great deer!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome bucks

Comment

^^^ nice!!! Love that 8!

Comment

Great start to the season!

Comment

Awesome write up and Congrats to all the hunters. Nothing beats seeing the success of a group putting in the hard work and enjoying the rewards together.

Comment

Great 8 yall,congrats on a successful start.Safe travels.Viva la Mexico!

Comment

wow stud of deer and that 8.. wow dreams are made from deer like that

Comment

VIVA! And as everyone is saying terrific 8!

Comment

Made it in to check guns at colombia friday. Driving a buddies older hunting rig. No issues whatsoever. Never even asked for registration on the vehicle.
                                The military guys seemed younger and blew thru checking serial numbers and verifying ammo. In and out in under 15 minutes. Angadi was there helping thigs move smoothly.
                                Big bucks not moving yet for us. Killed an older 12 and a big 7 cull.
                                Cant wait for more colder weather.

Comment

Working...
                                X