Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have a F-150 or a Tundra? Have a seat and let's chat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skinsfan View Post
    2019 F150 with 3.5 eco boost. Loved it, told everyone about it, until it gave out. 95k timing chain went out and caused internal damage. New motor, service guy says it’s common in these, like three other trucks in for same thing at once.
    Did they warranty it?

Comment

I have a 2017 F150 ecoboost and had a 2012 F150 ecoboost. I will not be getting another one. If they can get the chain problems fixed that might be a different story.

2012 chain was loud enough to know it was bad at 62K and they would not warranty it. I had been telling them about the noise since about 40k but couldn't reproduce it. Took a 3k hit on trade in because of it.

2017 Chain again under 30k as well as a battery and starter. At 40k lost 2 injectors and the cats. It is still in the dealership for that right now as well as some nav issues they have not been able to figure out yet.

I honestly think these 2 trucks have been in shop more then the rest of my cars combined. Once the extended warranty expires I'm switching to something else.

Comment

have a 2020 tundra. Already 37k on it and no issues. Haul 1950lbs in the bed occasionally and no issues.

Came from a 2012 ram and that thing fell apart. lost a lifter and cam shaft (rebuild was 4,000 and you can never get all that metal out), new drive shaft, 3 radios, a dash and a mirror. Got 4500 on trade in with 175k.

Ill be buying a Tundra hopefully after this one turns 300,000

Comment

'07 Tundra double cab 4X4.
          300,000 miles
          I've put a starter on her and lots of tires.

Comment

I have one of each, but I was hard on the Tundra 2014, looking for a slightly used Tundra or 150 tomorrow after superbowl wears off

Comment

2015 Tundra. This 5.7 v8 is a beast, a hungry beast, but a beast none the less. Only have 60,000 on it, maintenance free so far save for oil changes. I’ve always driven Chevy. Hooked on Tundras now. I love it. I’m 78 years old and this truck will easily outlive me.

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
                Do a search, been talked about numerous times. Alot good info.
                About 20 times or so....lol!!![emoji6]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

2016 Toyota Tundra crew max 4x4. Just rolled over 106,000 miles today. Haven’t had any issues with the truck. The 5.7 V8 is great. Put gas in it and change the oil and drive it. I average 15 with a mix of city/highway driving. Truck is completely stock. Hoping to get 300,000 out of this one and when the time comes I’ll look for another tundra.

Comment

I have a 2019 Ford F-150 and a 2018 Tundra and can tell you first hand the Tundra is hands down a better truck. The Ford sounds like a diesel took it to the shop and they say the sound is normal plus it feels like it misses at times. The Tundra is just a beast gas mileage is lower, but no problems at all. The F-150 is a work truck and the Tundra is my personal truck sure glad I made the right decision.

Comment

Came out of a Platinum F150 into a Tundra with the 5.7. 2018 and just turned 110,000.

Absolutely the best 1/2 ton truck I have ever owned. No comparison. Not nearly as fancy inside as the Platinum was but I need dependability and reliability.

Average 15mpg with city and highway driving. The fuel mileage does not like 80 plus for sure.

Comment

Have owned both and currently have a 2015 tundra with 71,000 miles on it. Ford was a great truck, no major problems but i LOVE the tundra. Tough as nails.

Comment

Working...
                        X