Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have a F-150 or a Tundra? Have a seat and let's chat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2008 Tundra. Big V8. 14.5 MPG. 85k. Love the truck. No major issues, dependable, and tough.

Comment

2008 Tundra - Crew cab. It has the 5.7 & Averages about 15/16 mpg. It has about 122,000 miles on it & has not given me any problems. Just routine maintenance. Best truck that I have ever owned.

Comment

My first Ford.
        2017 F-150 XLT 4X4 50K miles
        Just bought it a few months ago.
        Drives like a camry.
        3.5 screw is very impressive. This is the fastest truck I have ever owned.
        I was excited about the 10spd but this thing clunks and clanks non stop. I actually took it in because I thought there was an issue but the new 2020 loaner with 1500mi on it acted the same way. I was kinda baffled but oh well.
        17.5 ave and 22@80

Comment

2012 Ford F150 Raptor 4 door - Love the ride in town and driving it off road.

14.2 MPG average City and Hwy over long term
          The truck, has 155K miles.

I do have a performance tune and sometimes pull a 21' boat or 21' RV

The RV kills the MPG.

Comment

2008 Tundra CrewMax SR5 TRD 4x4. Bought it new, currently right at 200k miles, it’s been the best truck I ever owned and would buy another in a heartbeat. Replaced 1st gear transmission solenoid and minor normal wear and tear other parts over the years, probably totaling less than $4k (doesn’t include any maintenance). The Tundra may not have all the bells and whistles that some other trucks have, but it’s the most dependable I’ve personally owned.

Comment

Originally posted by lglidewell View Post
              2008 Tundra CrewMax SR5 TRD 4x4. Bought it new, currently right at 200k miles, it’s been the best truck I ever owned and would buy another in a heartbeat. Replaced 1st gear transmission solenoid and minor normal wear and tear other parts over the years, probably totaling less than $4k (doesn’t include any maintenance). The Tundra may not have all the bells and whistles that some other trucks have, but it’s the most dependable I’ve personally owned.
              About the bells and whistles. My tundra has navigation on a big screen, hands free phone, voice recognition, backup camera. And I'm pretty sure Bluetooth although I don't know what that is or what it does. What more do you need?

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
                2012 Tundra Dbl Cab
                Small V8
                16 ish MPG highway
                140K miles with no major issues besides door locks and headlights going out

Purchased from Toyota of Richardson and would use them again. Online sales reps only have 1 chance to sell to you so don’t have to deal with BS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                2012 with the 5.7. My door locks went out as well after only a few years. Only issue I have had with it.

Comment

Originally posted by lilavidhunter View Post
                  2012 with the 5.7. My door locks went out as well after only a few years. Only issue I have had with it.

I lost 4 between 35-60k and Toyota cut me a deal for $750off the replacement as I called and complained. Dealer charged 2K to replace them over the various times it happened, and then I started to change them myself. Still have some out but now just refuse to replace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2015 F-150 V8 STX Lariat No issues at all.
                    95K miles with 17.9 mpg lifetime (Do a lot of towing) Typically 18-20 when not towing.
                    The shift on the fly feature that allows to manually shift gears and the sport mode. Gives me plenty of power if I need to pass or move the trailer/RV faster.

Purchased at Sterling McCall in Houston and John O'Donnell. He went above and beyond and would use him again if I needed.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasWicked1 View Post
                      Long story short, I have an 05 Dodge CTD CCSB with 350K miles on it and while its still a great truck, it needs some TLC before my son takes it over. So I'm looking for a new pick-up.
                      I went from a long line of Powerstroke diesels to an F150.

I loved the car, but it ain't a truck. Traded it in for a Ram 3500 CTD.

I now a lot of guys that have done the same thing.

With the 5.0 F150 with towing package, my empty 2,200 lb car trailer felt like a 24,000 lbs load feels behind my CTD.

Comment

I have a 2016 Ford F150 XLT 4x4 FX4 5.0 V8. It has just over 60,000 miles and runs great, no issues. It replaced a 2002 F150 5.4 V8 Triton FX4 4x4 with over 260,000 miles. My current F150 has most of the available upgrades except for the sunroof, which I had no desire for anyway. The truck averages around 17.5 mixed hwy/city driving. I really wanted a Tundra 5.7 4x4 Crewcab SR5, but when I was shopping for one back in 2016 and early 2017, I could not find one for less than the high $30s, and that was with no upgrades, like back up sensors, heated seats, etc.

I buy my vehicles with the intention of keeping them for at least 10-15 years, and I take good care of them and service them regularly. I know the Toyota Tundras hold their value and have a reputation for reliability/durability. I have had several Toyota 4Runners and trucks in the past, and they were all great vehicles. When I test drove the F150 and compared the ride to a Tundra, the F150 felt smoother, and the upgraded features and creature comforts the F150 had for thousands of dollars less won me over. I figured the upfront savings and fuel savings over the life of the vehicle would probably come out to be a wash when it comes time to sell it. A comparable Tundra may sell for $5,000.00 or more when it comes time to sell it, and I might have a few more repairs along the way than I would have had with the Tundra to the tune of $2,000.00 to $3,000.00, but again with the fuel savings added in, I figured it to be a wash. For me it then came down to creature comforts, thus I went with the F150. No regrets so far.

Comment

I’m on my 2nd Tundra Crew Cab. The first I bought new for $41k, put 88k miles on it in 4.5 years and got 28.5k on the trade in for the new one. The only reason I wanted a new one was for the larger fuel tank.

I have a leveling kit and tires a little bigger than stock and get probably 13mpg.

The Fords and GMCs definitely have the Toyota beat on interior comfort/features/appearance but hard to beat the Tundra on anything else.
                          Last edited by ShockValue; 02-07-2021, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Wore out three F150's with the 5.0 in them. Sell/trade um at 125,000 miles. Know the mileage ain't much but none of them seen the shop except service work ie oil changes. Averaged about 15 or 16 mpg. Drove um like I stole um. Got a newer 6.2 F250 gasser now, 85,000 miles , and does okay. Friend has the Yota and he says it's bulletproof. Guzzles gas like nobodies business.

Comment

2011 F150 Xlt with the 5.0l V8. I have around 215k miles on it. Only work done on it is standard maintenance like plugs, hoses, etc. I bought used at 50k.

Getting combined driving around 15.3mpg. On highway, I tend to get around 15.8 but if I set cruise control around 70-75 it will go up to mid 16's.

I have the tow package on it and tow a 32' trailer that weighs 7400#. From Austin to Orlando and back I averaged around 8.5. Some times with a tail wind, I was getting over 9. With a head wind I would be around 8.

Would buy another F150 based on this one and previous truck. I'm very interested in the 6.2 F250 or the electric F150 co.ing out next year. Towing capabilities key for me. I dont tow a lot but do have a camper that we like to take road trips in and don't want my truck to be the limiting factor.
                              Last edited by BigL; 02-07-2021, 11:51 AM.

Comment

2019 F150 with 3.5 eco boost. Loved it, told everyone about it, until it gave out. 95k timing chain went out and caused internal damage. New motor, service guy says it’s common in these, like three other trucks in for same thing at once.

Comment

Working...
                                X