Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Whats something that used to make you mad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ha. ya'll got everything but the clap-on clap-off commercials. and I'm older than Smart and remember party lines.. and yes I grew up in a po-dunk Oklahoma

Comment

crawling through the beer window was classic...so glad dad moved to a bronco!!

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
        We didn't have cable. We had an antenna on a tall pole. I'd have to go stand outside in the flower bed and turn it and listen to my dad yell at me from his recliner thru the window. Left, left, left, your other left. Stop! No, ****it, go back! Back! Stop! No, you missed it again. Go back the other way. The other way ****it! Stop!

And I got to go stand by the tv and turn the dial too. Click, click, click, click.

I remember when we got a tv with a remote control and a power antenna turner on the antenna pole. Shoot, happy days!

I was the antenna turner too, except I had to get on the roof to turn ours. Usually just had to do it on Sundays when a Cowboys home game was blacked out on the DFW affiliate and I had to turn it north to pick it up from the OKC affiliate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Getting up at 5 am to light the heaters so the house would be warm when everybody else got up.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Break out the pencil and get that thing 'tuned up'.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              Getting the Bass Pro catalog, filling out all of the item numbers in the order form, gartting mom to help calculate the total to write a check...and waiting 37 years for the order to come in.

Getting a flat tire on my bike 1/2 way to the fishing hole the next day, and having to push it the rest of the way, and 3 miles home only to be late for dinner and get in trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Had to push my bike home many a time from the crawdad hole

Comment

Crossing over to Acuna to have cabrito at Jonnies without fear of having your head cut off.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                  When your favorite 8 track got hung up in the player and the tape spooled out all over the place when you pulled it out.

EDIt: I see Smart had the same idea but with cassettes
                  And it would switch tracks in the middle of a great song.

Comment

Cheap toilet paper.

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
                      And it would switch tracks in the middle of a great song.
                      I found out that if I shimmed the 8 track to one side with a nickel it would not skip.

I plum forgot about the JC Whitney catalogs. They made a killing off me .

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                        Deer stand heater was a coffee can with a roll of toilet paper soaked in rubbing alcohol
                        LOL that was my truck heater as well. Had to be real careful on the corners.

Comment

Early 90s kid here, we still had it rough, current gen will never understand
                          Dial up internet
                          VCR/Cassette player eating the tape
                          4 player split screen video games on a tiny tube tv
                          Getting your butt beat when you acted up

Comment

Busy signal trying to make a phone call!!

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                              Crossing over to Acuna to have cabrito at Jonnies without fear of having your head cut off.
                              Ma Crosbys and a few of the other clubs. Then making our way out of town and up the hill to Boys Town.

Comment

Gas for under $1

Comment

Working...
                                X