Ashley Furniture? Anything positive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Possum Fat View Post
    I’ve got 2 recliners and a couch that we bought last year. One recliner was broke the first week. The couch broke last week. The wood part that bears the weight looks like it’s particle board? Can’t wait to light it up with the rest of this house.
    Dang! All of it? Lol

Comment

daughter worked for them for awhile,, could not get her pay checks on time or correct,, she was glad to leave there,, we actually went in once to look at furniture ,, i can only describe the furniture as horrid!.....

we have been buying everything from home furnishing in Beaumont right behind the Sam's store for over 15 years now,,,,, long term employees and durable furniture make me want to shop there..... the recliner we bought for my surgery recovery ( rotator cuff surgery, i didn't lay in a bed for 6 months) was still in one piece 11 years later after being treated like a jungle gym for 9 of those years by the grandkids,,, I sat and slept in that recliner for the better part of a full year everyday ,,,, it was extremely abused and was plain nasty when the chair was finally pit out to pasture!

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
        daughter worked for them for awhile,, could not get her pay checks on time or correct,, she was glad to leave there,, we actually went in once to look at furniture ,, i can only describe the furniture as horrid!.....

we have been buying everything from home furnishing in Beaumont right behind the Sam's store for over 15 years now,,,,, long term employees and durable furniture make me want to shop there..... the recliner we bought for my surgery recovery ( rotator cuff surgery, i didn't lay in a bed for 6 months) was still in one piece 11 years later after being treated like a jungle gym for 9 of those years by the grandkids,,, I sat and slept in that recliner for the better part of a full year everyday ,,,, it was extremely abused and was plain nasty when the chair was finally pit out to pasture!
        We actually bought a couple of bedroom suites from Home Furnishings after our last move. I have to agree much easier to deal with than Ashley, better customer service and the furniture has all been very solid.

Comment

We had a sectional ordered with them after dealing with wayfair for over a year because they sent the wrong sectional and could never get it right. Ashley said 1 month delivery, 1 month become 2, then, 4, then. We don’t know when it’s coming. Canceled the order and asked for money back and couldn’t get ahold of anyone at the store or the 1800 number since we still didn’t receive a refund for a month. Wife found a Facebook group for Ashley complaints and joined. I got a call a couple days later and in 3 days we had our full refund

Comment

I went through the Ashley's in Amarillo once. The stuff looked cheap. I never bought any Ashley's and never will.

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
              With her catch & release policies his warehouse employees only miss a day or two of work after getting arrested.
              I have to ask what is the reference to her mean. I guess I missed it in the news since I left the Houston area a few years ago.

Comment

I have several pieces of Ashley furniture, a living room set that I bought 12 years ago and a couch in my theater room that I bought about 19 years ago. My furniture has held up well. I haven’t had any issues with it so I have no experience with their customer service.

Comment

Years ago we bought an entertainment center from them. When they delivered the pieces wouldn't line up correctly. Then a few months later the middle shelf over the tv fell and broke. We called and reported the issue instead of sending the center shelf they sent side shelves. Arggg. Finally got the correct shelf a month later. To make sure it didn't happen again I drilled and installed long cabinet screws to attach them to the side shelve units.

I also recall how archaic their system was. The salesman hand wrote the order up then took it to the back of the store where the order waited in a basket for the girl to enter it on the computer and print off. We stood around for 30 minutes!!!

Comment

We were advised many times buy a handful of friends to avoid Ashley’s when purchasing furniture for our new place.

Comment

Ashley Furniture? Anything positive?

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                      I have to ask what is the reference to her mean. I guess I missed it in the news since I left the Houston area a few years ago.

She’s Houston’s DA who has a track record of getting crimsons released on PR bonds. Who then go out and commit more crime and murder.
                      Even Houston’s left leaning police chief calls her out on the regular, but it falls on deaf ears.
                      Numerous shootings / murders are traced back to people she’s revolved out of the system, waiting for their day in court.

Here’s one story I pulled up, but there are many more.

HPD Sergeant Harold Preston was killed in the line of duty today.  Sgt. Preston has been with the Houston Police Department for 41-years and was due to retire at year-end. As tragic as that is, his death was 100% preventable.  His partner also was shot and will survive his injuries. In addition, the

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Ashley's no! Had good experience with Rooms to go. Better furniture better value. I personally like Ethen Allen myself but very expensive.

Comment

Thanks Bill

Comment

crap
                            junk
                            over priced, even if it was free
                            bonded leather claiming to "real" leather
                            warranty is like everything else, useless junk

i get better furniture out of the foreclosure houses i buy

Comment

I see their ads all the time and consider for a split second going back in, then I remember what happened last time...

When we bought our first home we had 2nd hand furniture that I was ready to upgrade. We purchased an entire living room set: couch, love seat, chaise, end tables, coffee table and lamps. PAID CASH - NEVER EVER EVER WILL DO THAT AGAIN!

They delivered one piece at a time even though they ensured me the entire pack would be delivered. The day they brought the last piece, that actually showed up, I asked the delivery guys where the rest was. The said that was the only one they had. Now, I hate confrontation, and I know it wasn't that guy's fault at all but he got to hear my rant. My dad was there because I was in my 20's and didn't want strange men inside my house while I was alone and let's just say he's the king of where they can stick it. The delivery guy dialed up customer service on his personal cell phone and cheered me on while I told them to come get their stuff and give me my money back. My dad was beaming proud!

Not only could they not seem to get me all of the "in stock" items I purchased, within a week or so the pieces we had and did sit on already had wear. We went to Gallery and got a different set. That furniture held up for 10 years with spills and climbing children and I kick myself for not going back with them when we upgraded a little over a year ago.

NEVER AGAIN! Their ads look pretty but just say no!

Comment

Each time we have needed furniture, the Rustic Mile in The Woodlands has been able to sell us real wood furniture cheaper than Ashley’s particle board. Highly recommended, and in the same parking lot.

Premium Rustic Furniture Stores in the area of San Antonio, Katy and Woodlands offers Home and Office Furniture including Bedroom, Dining, Livingroom and Office Furniture at best Price.

Comment

Working...
                                X