No announcement yet.

Ashley Furniture? Anything positive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to school with some under-performers who went there to do design and engineering. That alone told me all I needed to know. They are always in the trade publications for worker injuries, lawsuits, injured customers and not great business practices. Admittedly, they’re locked in an impossible battle with off shore companies that basically pay slave wages and have more invested in transportation than product in that market segment. If you want good stuff made in the USA, you’re going to pay a pretty penny.
    Last edited by Txtourist; 01-29-2021, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Eff Ashley Furniture. We bought a sectional couch there last year and that was a terrible decision. Support after the sale is worse than pulling teeth. I won’t ever spend another dime there...ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Trash...Real trash that will not last.

Comment

Our local Ashley store has "going out of business" every year about twice a year for a decade.

Comment

Nebraska Furniture Mart is where we go. My 2 yo at the time decided to go Picasso with a red sharpie on our 1 year old light grey couch and love seat. We had the insurance so they sent someone out to try to clean them, didn't work. So they gave us store credit, full original cost of the pair, for new furniture or to use as we wanted in store. Smoothest and easiest time I've had with a furniture store.

Comment

We bought a lamp several years back and it still works. Not very comfortable to sit on though. Lol

Comment

I've got 3 bedroom suites about 14 years ago and no issues and a recliner used every day about 10 years ago that's still in good shape. I do have a sectional about 3 years old that isn't holding up.

Comment

Originally posted by Slinger View Post
                  We bought a lamp several years back and it still works. Not very comfortable to sit on though. Lol
                  Gotta let the bulb cool down first. Don't wanna weld your hole shut.

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                    Cheep
                    A chirp?

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                      For the life of me I could never understand why he supported her
                      Sure wish Michael Berry would have asked him why.
                      My guess is she had some dirt on him that he couldn't afford to let loose.
                      (something along the lines of a DWI, whatever a local DA could get ahold of and expose or keep quiet on).
                      If he actually stands with her politically he's a better salesman than I thought possible. On the surface you would think they were polar opposites.

I'm also betting ole Mr. Berry knows better than to bite the hand that feeds.
                      I heard it mentioned once during a call in skit, but he breezed right over it. ......Hey look, a squirrel.........

Back to overpriced furniture.......
                      If you also shop Rooms to Go, their celebrity endorsed furniture was Made in USA and priced accordingly. their other furniture was not, and you could tell.
                      (back when we were shopping anyways).

For the Op- Let your back and rear decide, it was all it took for me to break out more $$. At first the sticker shock of the better stuff got me, then I revisited the other stores and figured it out. For me it was one of those you get what you pay for experiences.

Comment

Just know for most of the furniture they sell now - your buying cheap and temporary. Was not that way when they first opened. If you go into with that mindset you will be fine. It serves its purpose, like the low-end furniture at NFM (they sell low to high end).

Also realize that for Ashley you can order off the website and have it delivered for a fraction of the cost and a much speedier delivery. We needed some temporary chairs for a family get together and got them off the internet cheap cheap.
                        Last edited by wellingtontx; 01-29-2021, 04:52 PM.

Comment

I bought a couch from them this past March, it was hard to find furniture during that time so I went with them.

First off, I never buy any extended warranties or BS programs that places offer. My two problems with them is the couch that I ordered and was about to pay for, I asked a second time to confirm when they could deliver it and he said "oh wait, we cant deliver it until June". So I chose another couch that I didnt like as much, but needed. The second thing that really got me, was I was standing around (about to walk out) after agreeing to buy a couch because the sales man disappeared. Then I realized why, they had the "sleep doctor" in his white coat come over and try to hard sale me on a new mattress and frame. They realized pretty quick that I didnt appreciate that

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                            My guess is she had some dirt on him that he couldn't afford to let loose.
                            (something along the lines of a DWI, whatever a local DA could get ahold of and expose or keep quiet on).
                            If he actually stands with her politically he's a better salesman than I thought possible. On the surface you would think they were polar opposites.

I'm also betting ole Mr. Berry knows better than to bite the hand that feeds.
                            I heard it mentioned once during a call in skit, but he breezed right over it. ......Hey look, a squirrel.........

Back to overpriced furniture.......
                            If you also shop Rooms to Go, their celebrity endorsed furniture was Made in USA and priced accordingly. their other furniture was not, and you could tell.
                            (back when we were shopping anyways).

For the Op- Let your back and rear decide, it was all it took for me to break out more $$. At first the sticker shock of the better stuff got me, then I revisited the other stores and figured it out. For me it was one of those you get what you pay for experiences.

With her catch & release policies his warehouse employees only miss a day or two of work after getting arrested.

Comment

In college I delivered furniture...while the furniture shop sold Ashley, the owner told mee it was crap and to never buy it. Advice heeded

Comment

They used to have a great marketing dept..Suckered me once.Just like Sprint PCS did..(25 yrs ago),Once.Both had beautiful reps in the store..When I got my own beautiful "reps",I figured out they sold junk! Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X