No announcement yet.

Get your Duramax while you can

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TxDOT is working on developing electrification infrastructure on the I-45 corridor. They have a working group and are pulling in information from fleet operators, OEMs, municipalities, technology vendors, etc.

It’s dumb, it’s artificial, but the flow of money is real. Even if you hate it, follow it closely. The opportunity to get in on investing is now, and at worst to begin planning to mitigate potential future cost impacts in the future. Just don’t get left behind and kick yourself later.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Article by Rush that where he uses a Canadian engineers data to make the point....it aint going to happen anytime soon.
      The whole battery swap is interesting but that wont happen any time soon either
      RUSH: There simply isn't anything that is available to humanity in this current era that comes anywhere close to the efficiency and the power derived from the internal combustion engine fueled by fossil fuel. There's nothing. There's nothing even close. And let's talk about making every airplane electric. You couldn't get one off the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
        it's not surprising what corporations will claim in order to obtain billions in tax payer funded grants.
        Exactly right or at the very least what they will say to keep the lunatics off their backs

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
          please give me an example and what business does GM have to gain from announcing this? if they stop making gas/diesel engines then they know they have to have the technology to replace it so i'm guessing they have done their homework. the thing is people think that the technology to run an electric car is some huge deal but it's not what it used to be. imagine trying to run a ship on electric. guess what that technology is coming to. our company is in a pilot project right now. i'm talking about big ships too. there is a ton of money aggressively behind these projects.
          Boeing and Airbus aren't on the "alternative energy" bandwagon. It's not even on their radar. You gonna get on an airplane with your family that runs on batteries? Gimmee a break.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

So instead of stopping to fill up and pee every 300 miles and back on road in 5-10 minutes you have to wait how long on a recharge ??? And if I'm already waiting in 5-10 minutes for one in front to finish gassing up now I get to wait 45 minutes to an hour for them then my turn......sounds great

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
              please give me an example and what business does GM have to gain from announcing this? if they stop making gas/diesel engines then they know they have to have the technology to replace it so i'm guessing they have done their homework. the thing is people think that the technology to run an electric car is some huge deal but it's not what it used to be. imagine trying to run a ship on electric. guess what that technology is coming to. our company is in a pilot project right now. i'm talking about big ships too. there is a ton of money aggressively behind these projects.
              GM probably doesn't have a lot of business to gain today. However, there's probably a lot of government funding to gain from the current lib administration over the next few years. I'm sure they want plenty of that action and also want to be a front runner in this conversion. I do agree that the move away from gas/diesel is inevitable. However, I would also say that I remember back in the late 80's/early 90's how there was this big deal about how the world would run out of oil within like 30 years and guess what...here we are. Technology evolved and not only are there many more methods of extracting oil and natural gas out of the ground, the US could almost be energy independent if it wanted to be.

On the other hand, what does GM have to loose from announcing this? I can't think of much. Sounds like some feel good statements in putting in a date of 2035. What's to say in a few years that 2035 date is extended to 2040 or beyond?

Comment

Gonna be a huge market on towed generators......

Comment

Yup. Just like their gonna get rid of coal. Don’t you need coal to make electricity?

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
                    So instead of stopping to fill up and pee every 300 miles and back on road in 5-10 minutes you have to wait how long on a recharge ??? And if I'm already waiting in 5-10 minutes for one in front to finish gassing up now I get to wait 45 minutes to an hour for them then my turn......sounds great
                    It’s in the works, the batteries will be able to be fully recharged in 5-10 minutes.

Comment

Hahaha!

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                      It better be a full service station.....I don't even like changing my battery every 5 yrs much less every 400 miles lol.

Just buy your Duramax in 2034 and you should be good until at least 2050
                      Lmao! Me either!

Comment

Originally posted by jaspermac View Post
                        Toyota....built in Texas
                        Hard to pull alot of cows down the road in a 'yota

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
                          It’s in the works, the batteries will be able to be fully recharged in 5-10 minutes.
                          It's in the works........that's equivalent to me telling the wife "we'll see" when she asks if we can do something or go somewhere

Comment

California can't run what they have on electricity as it is

Comment

Its coming whether we like it or not. I imagine they will also start taxing/penalizing those who still choose to drive gas vehicles.
                              When you think the earth has about 12 years left before it burns.....you stop asking and you start telling. Regardless of the consequences to the economy.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                                Boeing and Airbus aren't on the "alternative energy" bandwagon. It's not even on their radar. You gonna get on an airplane with your family that runs on batteries? Gimmee a break.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Look I’m not advocating for it I’m just saying it’s coming and just because the airlines won’t be able to conform doesn’t mean anything for the other industries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X