Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freakin awesome!

Comment

Hah! That was every bit as fun as watching treadmill mishaps on YouTube!

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Looks like it’s works well
          Does it effect battery life very much ?

Comment

I thought it was the same squirrel for a couple of doses and then a new one

Can you add more juice to send a coon about 20' through the air when it gets him?

Comment

I had a feeder with a "coon zapper" on it years ago. American Hunter, I believe. It was cheaply made. This one looks a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post

Can you add more juice to send a coon about 20' through the air when it gets him?
                Yea, say one was to wire 3 or 4 batteries in series....

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

very nice

Comment

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hFZFjoX2cGg&ab_channel=MarkRober"]Building the Perfect Squirrel Proof Bird Feeder - YouTube[/ame]

Not really the same thing but I think we all like messing with squirrels ��

Comment

Originally posted by ReydonPete View Post
                      Looks like it’s works well
                      Does it effect battery life very much ?
                      Very little, that is why if you have a normal feeder solar panel that gets at least 4 hours of sun light on a sunny day, your battery will stay charged. This is of course assuming both your battery and solar panel are good. If you don't have a feeder solar panel, The Guardian and your timer/motor will run about 2 months with a fully charged normal 12V 7AH feeder battery with the timer set to throw twice a day 10 seconds each feeding.

I did all the testing with "The Timer" timer as I know that is the most popular timer on the market.

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post

No need to put more juice to it as it's plenty and the more juice you put to it the more the battery is going to be drained.

I had 4 goals when designing this.
                      1 - I wanted the Guardian to be able to run off the existing feeder battery with very little effect on run time but deter any critter from wanting to touch it again.

2 - Make it easy to attach to a existing standard 12V motor box.

3 - Make it extremely durable.

4 - Make it so it doesn't knock down a bunch of corn straight under the feeder like cages do.

I accomplished all of them but that is why it took so long to get it done as I have been working on this for about 3 years. In fact, if you search my threads I've posted, I posted a thread I think about 2 years ago on it as I thought I was about finished.

The Guardian you see shocking the squirrels in the video was a sample and didn't shock as much as it does now. If you touch it once, you will not want to touch it again. With that said, it's not near as bad as the shock you would receive from a standard electric fence.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        Yea, say one was to wire 3 or 4 batteries in series....

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                        Doesn't matter how many batteries you wire in a series and connect to the Guardian, it's not going to change how it shocks. It's shocks plenty to deter any animal including cows as I put the Guardian on one of my stand and fill feeders and cut the cage off of it. While I didn't get any video's or pictures of the cows, deer or pigs getting shocked, I know they got shocked because if they didn't, they would have continually been messing with it. I did this to see if a deer getting shocked would possibly run the deer off from the feeder and not come back. What I found is the deer, hogs and cows don't even leave the feeder area when they get shocked, they just don't go back up to the spinner plate.

I'm sure some are thinking, if I didn't get any pictures or video of any animals getting shocked, how do I know nothing was messing with it. It's simple, every time the feeder throws corn, I can see the position of the spinner plate in the game camera pictures, if the position of the spinner plate never changes position until the next feeding, that tells me nothing messed with the spinner plate. All the feeders I've tested these on, I had many pictures of birds, Raccoons and squirrels on the motor box. After I put the Guardian up, no more pictures of any of them on the motor box. Also a big difference in the amount of time between filling the feeder because I was no longer having any animals steeling corn from the spinner plate. I've had Raccoons empty a 1000# feeder in less then a month. While that's not common, Raccoons can easily spin out 150# of corn in a month. If you figure that out over a year, the Guardian can easily save you over $200 in just 1 year. That means in about 6 months the Guardian pays for itself.

Comment

This is a great idea and all and has been done before, then disappeared, but this one does look better built.

I do have to ask though, in your opinion how is this better than a spinner plate that drops and closes when the motor operates, like the Eliminator or Spin-tech spinner?

Comment

Looks like a great product that is sorely needed.
                            Just outa curiosity, does the unit need to recharge after a shock or does it deliver the same hit consecutively?

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                              Just outa curiosity, does the unit need to recharge after a shock or does it deliver the same hit consecutively?

In the video he states that the unit (not the battery) has a 30 second reset

Comment

Originally posted by BiggieSmalls View Post
                                This is a great idea and all and has been done before, then disappeared, but this one does look better built.

I do have to ask though, in your opinion how is this better than a spinner plate that drops and closes when the motor operates, like the Eliminator or Spin-tech spinner?
                                Since I had around 17 feeders with the Eliminator Spinner plate I will give you my experience with them. Every time I went to check feeders, I would have 3-5 of them stuck in the down position due to the links getting corn stuck in them or getting all gummed up with corn dust due to our high humidity down here. On top of all that, our coons figured out how to get corn out of them. They would simply put a paw on each side of the spinner plate and then hang from it. This would drop the spinner plate down and then they would just wiggle their body and the corn would come out. I watched them do this one night while I was hog hunting and I was constantly getting game came pics of them on the motor box. I know they work well for some but for me they were a pain to deal with and didn't solve my problem. I've talked to many people that had the same issues I did but I've also talked to people that they worked great for.

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                                It will not shock consecutively, it has about a 20-30 second delay before it will shock again.

Comment

Working...
                                X