Facebook / Social Dilemmea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
    If "they" are true "family and friends" you'll know what is going on in their lives. If not. You are not true family or friends. Sorry to be honest with a perfect stranger. But facts are facts. The reason you keep up with these fake family or friends through Facebook is for the gossip.

Join a bingo hall. That is what my grandmother did for friends and family.
    I’m sorry, but you’re wrong sir. My Grandpa had 9 bothers and sisters. Dad had 5 brothers. No telling how many cousins, impossible to keep up with using a phone. Not to mention they are watching that too.

Comment

Those of you that have deleted Facebook. Are you sure you’re off?
      I deleted my account around 2016, never used it, never logged on, didn’t care to share what I ate for dinner. Received a message it would be deleted in 2 weeks in case I changed my mind. 2 yrs later received an email letting me know my account was deleted. My wife tells me I sill have an account.

Comment

If you have Netflix watch The Social Dilemma.
        Very eye opening.

Comment

Facebook and Business ownership don't mesh well
          In a small town...I've been off for ten years...

Comment

Originally posted by Benno View Post
            I deleted my account around 2016, never used it, never logged on, didn’t care to share what I ate for dinner. Received a message it would be deleted in 2 weeks in case I changed my mind. 2 yrs later received an email letting me know my account was deleted. My wife tells me I sill have an account.
            If you went and logged back on it would be like nothing changed. Your profile is all still there.

I deleted mine several years ago, then when I was trying to sell my boat I logged back in to use the marketplace. Everything was still there like I never left.

Comment

Correct

Originally posted by Benno View Post
              It never gets deleted.

Comment

Social dilemma is a true eye opener for sure, really good documentary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have never had a FB account and never will. Never had any other forms of social media either for that matter. Stuff is poison

Comment

I deleted mine last week. I didn’t “deactivate” it....I actually deleted my account, and also deleted the app from my phone library and my Apps Store account. I have only missed my “hunting pages” that I followed. I sent a final message to all my friends I cared to keep up with, and made sure I had their cell numbers. I also saved all my photos to my computer. But it has definitely made me spend more time on here...lol!!!

Comment

got of it month ago, miss being able to keep up with family anymore friends on there though

Comment

I got off 6 months ago
                        And don’t miss it!!

Comment

Guess I'm the odd man out. I still enjoy reading about my small town friends and seeing their Grandkid pics. I also have nothing to hide. Anyone keeping up with me would be very bored! LOL! To each his own, kind of like covid19.

Comment

Just finished watching. Pretty eye opening. I think we already knew this stuff but it was good to hear in no uncertain terms. The one thing that really caught my attention was the spike in young girls suffering from depression, self harm(cutting), and suicide in the past 9-10 years. I’m still amazed at how many people are shoving smart phones and tablets in their kids faces to play on. A toddler has no business on these devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X