Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 San Angelo surrounding area season thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations to your shooter!

Comment

Good job Jason.

Will be rolling into Tom Green County around midnight.

Rwc

Comment

Scored a pretty decent 10 point in Tom Green County weekend back before Thanksgiving. Been trying to get my 7 yr old his first buck, up in Coke County. We saw the biggest 8 I've ever seen on the hoof the other day, he dwarfed my 10. Didn't present a shot and didn't hang around long unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice, congrats..

Comment

Originally posted by fulmer34 View Post
            Scored a pretty decent 10 point in Tom Green County weekend back before Thanksgiving. Been trying to get my 7 yr old his first buck, up in Coke County. We saw the biggest 8 I've ever seen on the hoof the other day, he dwarfed my 10. Didn't present a shot and didn't hang around long unfortunately.

Nice 10. Congrats!!!!!

Comment

Great 10 congrats!

Comment

Good looking 10 sir. Will be back out this weekend hoping to catch up to one of 2 shooters I have located. Hunted last weekend and had one of them all over me Sunday morning only to have him cut out a doe and move her into the dry Concho bottom before I could get a shot.

Best of luck to everyone.

Rwc

Comment

how are the bucks chasing? responding to rattling or calls? it's been so quiet at our place this year. i'm hoping they are up and after it this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by fulmer34 View Post

Nice 10, Congrats! Love big 8 also, maybe he will stick around.

Comment

Good looking buck, fulmer. Congratulations!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                        Good looking 10 sir. Will be back out this weekend hoping to catch up to one of 2 shooters I have located. Hunted last weekend and had one of them all over me Sunday morning only to have him cut out a doe and move her into the dry Concho bottom before I could get a shot.

Best of luck to everyone.

Rwc
                        Are those Concho County bucks still running does pretty hard? We'll be headed that way tomorrow morning.

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                          Are those Concho County bucks still running does pretty hard? We'll be headed that way tomorrow morning.
                          I'm in Schleicher but wondering the same.

Comment

Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post
                            I'm in Schleicher but wondering the same.
                            Was out last weekend, hunted Thursday thru Sunday. Every buck I saw was either with a doe or looking for a doe. Saw a really good 4.5 yo 8 breed a doe out in front of the blind. Been hunting for 45 plus years and had never witnessed that before. They werent even shy about it and got it on in front of everyone. Some of the younger deer around probably shouldnt have witnessed that Anyrate, the rut was in full swing and the hunting was really good. Best of luck !!

Comment

The deer are showing their age very well right now with the amount of bulking they have been doing. More mature animals are stained up pretty good right now according to cell cams. My guess is they're currently checking every inch of pasture for any doe who is ready. Pictures from feeders have consistently been the same few bucks over the last 4-5 days with a couple new deer sprinkled in as well. Be where the doe are consistently coming and you've got a chance

Comment

Nice one Fulmer!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X