Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 San Angelo surrounding area season thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Badgers are awesome critters. Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's cool and will make a great mount. Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
        Was able to Knock down a Badger Boar with my bow! He came right into the corn Saturday morning. I’m going to get a body mount done of him. My wife will be thrilled.

Awesome! I've seen two at my lease this year, never seen one in the wild before that. Neither gave me a shot. Congrats!

Comment

Was able to Knock down a Badger Boar with my bow! He came right into the corn Saturday morning. I’m going to get a body mount done of him. My wife will be thrilled.

Way cool! That's not something you see everyday posted as an LDP!.....LOL at the wife..

Comment

Originally posted by fulmer34 View Post
            She will be haha, I can smell him from here.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
            It was by far the worst smelling animal I have smelled. It was like a skunk but with a must. It was bad!

Thanks everyone!

Comment

It was by far the worst smelling animal I have smelled. It was like a skunk but with a must. It was bad!

Thanks everyone!
              I killed one and couldn't bring myself to grab it, much less bring it to my taxidermist. They may be worse than a skink.

Comment

Rattled him up Saturday mornin. This old buck had been eluding me for 2 years and finally out smarted him. By far oldest deer I’ve takin

Comment

Nice, congrats.

Comment

They’re chasing pretty good here. Had two bucks chasing the same doe come in from a couple hundred yards away and then an 11 point joined in so they were all three chasing that one doe. Every buck I’ve seen driving around has had a doe within spitting distance.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsonly88 View Post

Rattled him up Saturday mornin. This old buck had been eluding me for 2 years and finally out smarted him. By far oldest deer I’ve takin

That looks a lot like the deer I called **** pocket, he had a big cyst on his brisket. But that deer was 5-6 in 2017 so not sure he would still be alive by now

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

2021 San Angelo surrounding area season thread..

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                          That looks a lot like the deer I called **** pocket, he had a big cyst on his brisket. But that deer was 5-6 in 2017 so not sure he would still be alive by now

Funny you said that Jack. I killed ppocket in 2018. But right when I saw him I thought of that deer. Definitely same gene pool

Last edited by arrowsonly88; 11-15-2021, 07:37 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=arrowsonly88;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Congratulations on getting your revenge! Nice buck.

Comment

Boys are getting feisty. Knocked down a 9:00 doe yesterday morning. Always cool watching them fall. Put out 2500 pounds of feed yesterday by myself and it was 85° by the time it was time for the afternoon sit. I decided to sit in the recliner instead.

Seeing some mature deer as of late just have to get the right one to slip up. The wide 8 from a few posts ago got back strapped by a hunter Saturday evening. Video shows a non lethal hit but I’m sure he’ll disappear for a couple weeks.

Comment

If you have some time available, might want to get to your grounds out west. Made seven sits starting Friday through Monday and lots of bucks cruising scent checking feed ares. Got to lay eyes on some bucks we had on camera, just not the two I am looking for. Seemed evening sits were more productive than morning.

Best of luck to all.
                                Rwc

Comment

Working...
                                X