Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 San Angelo surrounding area season thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

congrats!

Comment

anyone hunting the heat wave this weekend? I'll be pulling in late saturday thru monday

Comment

I will be puling into my Christoval lease grounds Saturday midday and plan to hunt through Monday.

Best of luck to all.

Rwc

Comment

Heading to Christoval myself Friday evening through Monday. Good luck!

Comment

Headed to Robert Lee tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by The Crippler View Post
              Bucks nickname was "Dangle".
              Congrats to that young hunter. Great job dad and I’m glad y’all we’re able to track him for a successful recovery. LOL

Comment

Headed to Ivie area tomorrow. Hoping to get on the road early enough to hunt the evening.

Comment

Headed out tomorrow evenin. I like the south winds. Let’s get it, good luck all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post
                    Watched a mature but meh buck for an hour this morning. At one point I had 11 deer, 7 bucks under me.
                    And then…. Bucket list! I first started trying to get a Turkey with a bow 19 years ago. Mostly just don’t have them where I hunted, so only ever had a couple of opportunities. 13 hens came in this morning, and I got one down. From a tree stand… some of them spotted me but I drew while a couple were chasing each other around and got the shot off.

Congrats on the Turkey bird.

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post

My high school senior got it done this morning. Perfect liver/lung and went 60 yards. Only his second bow deer, and he was thrilled.

Nice job. Congrats to him on the bow kill.

Comment

Here's a cool video of my son DRTing a no brow tine skim last night.

https://youtu.be/ioN0p21f8zc
                      Good stuff. Big congrats to y’all.

Comment

Very cool video! Congrats to him....

And a big thanks to the deer for falling out of the cactus...

Comment

Congrats to your son! And you as well!

Man, I’d love to see that ranch again. If you ever have a free weekend, I’d fill your feeders for a trip to just ride that place one more time. Even in the summer. There was a recent article in Texas Trophy Hunters where I talked about that ranch. That place Sure means a lot to me!

Good luck the rest of the season to yall!

Comment

The Lord blessed me with this great 8 opening weekend. His name is Lucky, as he was shot when he was 3 in 2018 as a scrub 8. He turned into a 9 in 2019. I passed him a few times during the 2019 season. The G4 earned him another year. Then he was back into a good 8 in 2020 and this year again was a solid 8. Just goes to show, you never know what a buck can turn into unless they’re given the age to do it.

Comment

Deer that you aren’t going to shoot will feed broadside all day while deer you want to shoot will only show you their butt.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post

The Lord blessed me with this great 8 opening weekend. His name is Lucky, as he was shot when he was 3 in 2018 as a scrub 8. He turned into a 9 in 2019. I passed him a few times during the 2019 season. The G4 earned him another year. Then he was back into a good 8 in 2020 and this year again was a solid 8. Just goes to show, you never know what a buck can turn into unless they’re given the age to do it.

Awesome deer Hunter! Congrats on a great 8. Did you kill him off the lucky green feeder?..

Comment

Working...
                                X