Texas Sized Hog Trap - Round 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    So you caught 'em and they're in the pen somewhere?
    yes. There are two small plum thickets that they rest under. This makes it easy to shoot them at her convenience

Comment

My neighbor came over at lunch and we went to shoot them. There were 8 - one big white and black sow and 7 x 50 pounders. The sow took advantage of an armadillo hole and my neighbor just watched them scoot under it. I couldn't see what was going on from where I was.

He should have shot into them to get them off the hole. The sow and 5 others made it out. The last 2 fell to bullets to the head. We'll get them again sometime soon. I've got to get that guy to shoot faster.

And then I totally forgot to get pictures!

I fixed the hole and staked it with a 3/4" rod. They won't get out there again.

Maybe next time!

Comment

Anybody else but you Ma'am and I'd apply the "rule", but guess we can take YOUR word for it...

Comment

I've come to hate armadillos more than the pigs. Hopefully you will get a second chance.

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
            Nice work. Love the simplicity.

I built a load out chute and it has made loading the pigs the easiest part.

http://youtu.be/WJ-VH8oCbb0
            I went back and watched this. It was really hard to see it. Can you post pictures or a different video of it? It doesn't need pigs in it to show how it works next to the trailer. My trailer sits up about twice as high as normal stock trailers, too, so I'm sure the easiest thing to do for loading would be to build a ramp.

Comment

Still no pigs in the trap?

Comment

No, but some 80# are starting to show up. The deer keep eating all the corn before the pigs get to it

Comment

Y'all get that gate fixed yet? Tracey told me she was going to change out the rope to a wire rope so it wouldn't stretch... That should fix it if y'all do that...

Comment

Lotta food elsewhere for pigs right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sweet setup

Comment

In for 2021, enjoyed the previous threads. Stay after 'em!

Comment

Awesomely setup!

Comment

This year has been frustrating for sure but I can't trap what aint there. I had to change the rope out to something that wouldn't stretch. The gate was getting to low and the pigs were bumping it, creating a rattle that spooked them.

That's fixed so maybe soon.

Comment

Wow, I missed your other threads but will go back to read them, very enjoyable and great feedback.

Comment

<

Comment

Working...
                                X