• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
    Way too many rooster tails

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Still gonna send it.

My kid just picked out American Flag football cleats on his own.

And when I asked what he wanted for his back to school hair cut he chose a mullet.

I think the rooster tail life is rubbing off.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

RiP!

Comment

Man that sucks! I had a 70 Yamaha in high school I reckon is still running up and down the river! I'm ready for the water to cool off. Fishing have been picky for a while! Kept enough for fish tacos last night. Hard to beat lake to plate!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
          Man that sucks! I had a 70 Yamaha in high school I reckon is still running up and down the river! I'm ready for the water to cool off. Fishing have been picky for a while! Kept enough for fish tacos last night. Hard to beat lake to plate!
          If it wasn't for bad luck I would have none. It is what it is, hoping I can get lucky and find another Yamaha at an unbelievable deal to throw on there. But probably going to be motorless for the next year at least I imagine.

Comment

I shut my guiding deal down for the month of August every year.
            I am too old to be out in the heat all day.
            It also gives me the chance to do a little fishing on my own.
            Start early and get off the lake before it gets hot.
            Sandlin gave me a good mess and I was back in my truck by 10:00 am
            Click image for larger version

Name:	2223.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	24658079

Comment

Sorry to hear Flex. Maybe you'll find one.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

I want to be like Buff when I grow up so I kept the trips I already had booked in August and gave new calls to Clay and dang I shoulda fished! My old lady has whipped me like a rented mule last 2 weekends I was home! Spent $700 putting in flower beds and 40 bags of mulch! I shoulda went fishing! Palestine brush bite continues to put out fish on the trips I am running and once the water cools down some it's gonna be awesome! Taking little man and his buddies to the camp this weekend for fishing, swimming, and pizza for his 12th birthday! Man they grow up fast!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                  I want to be like Buff when I grow up so I kept the trips I already had booked in August and gave new calls to Clay and dang I shoulda fished! My old lady has whipped me like a rented mule last 2 weekends I was home! Spent $700 putting in flower beds and 40 bags of mulch! I shoulda went fishing! Palestine brush bite continues to put out fish on the trips I am running and once the water cools down some it's gonna be awesome! Taking little man and his buddies to the camp this weekend for fishing, swimming, and pizza for his 12th birthday! Man they grow up fast!
                  Yes they do! I can't believe my boys are 19 and almost 21!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Slew I have learned to spend more time at the office making money so I can pay Ivan the yard man to mulch. [emoji1787]

My flower beds have never looked better!

Gonna miss bob Sandlin next week too. Fishing time has been scarce.

Comment

I bought another boat about a week ago, and sold my old one on Tuesday. I haven't installed my Humminbird Solix, Garmin 8612 and Livescope on it yet. On my old boat I had my Livescope (on the pole I bought from Slew) mounted on my right, but I'm thinking about putting it on the left side on this boat. Being right handed, I might be better off with the fishing pole in my right handed and move the Livescope pole with my left. Thoughts?

It looks like the shaft on my 57" Garmin Force is going to be a little short for this boat. The Minn Kota that's currently on it almost comes out of the water when it's white caping, and the Minn Kota is about 4" longer than the Force. I'll probably sell it, or trade for a 50" for my ex-father-in-law.

Comment

Maybe you crappie guys can help me out... My oldest son (9yrs old) has had a recent obsession with crappie. I live down in the Lake Jackson area and would like to book a guide for somewheres close, if possible... Any recommendations and better times of the year to go?

Thanks in advance GS!!

Comment

Originally posted by J.C. View Post
                          Maybe you crappie guys can help me out... My oldest son (9yrs old) has had a recent obsession with crappie. I live down in the Lake Jackson area and would like to book a guide for somewheres close, if possible... Any recommendations and better times of the year to go?

Thanks in advance GS!!
                          If you want to drive up to the Tyler area, Slew can put you on some fish. I can't help you with a guide down there.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                            I bought another boat about a week ago, and sold my old one on Tuesday. I haven't installed my Humminbird Solix, Garmin 8612 and Livescope on it yet. On my old boat I had my Livescope (on the pole I bought from Slew) mounted on my right, but I'm thinking about putting it on the left side on this boat. Being right handed, I might be better off with the fishing pole in my right handed and move the Livescope pole with my left. Thoughts?

It looks like the shaft on my 57" Garmin Force is going to be a little short for this boat. The Minn Kota that's currently on it almost comes out of the water when it's white caping, and the Minn Kota is about 4" longer than the Force. I'll probably sell it, or trade for a 50" for my ex-father-in-law.

Mount the pole on the left side and fish with your right hand!

Comment

Originally posted by J.C. View Post

Thanks in advance GS!!
                              I don't know anybody down there but I have several Houston folks come to Palestine and drive back the same day or spend 1 night. Late Sept through Oct is good there and Fork. Come November I'll be on Pines till mid February.

Comment

hell no.. saltwater is nasty, tears up all your equipment and its a long drive unless you live on coast. Fresh all the way!

Comment

Working...
                                X