Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

LEO Handgun Buyback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM3 my plan is to do the same. I will put the agency and time frame on them.

Comment

Every single one.

They dont ours for us. Nor the boolits that go in them

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I wish I had. I wouldn't carry it now but still would like to have it as a backup in the house.

Comment

I have my LTC but I've never carried a gun in a protect my life manner like LEO or military.

It'd probably mean a lot to me to keep the gun that was there to get me home at night

Comment

Thanks guys. Pretty sure I am going to bite the bullet and get it done. Thanks for the input gents!

Comment

I’m blown away that some agencies don’t provide weapons and apparently in some cases Ammo.

If you can find a way to buy it, I would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We have to provide our own weapons AND own ammo. Only ammo they provide is the 50 rounds we need each year to qualify. I honestly prefer it cause I KNOW how my weapon is treated and taken care of from day one. Even though I changed carry weapons I still have my original that I carried for 13 years. My trusty H&K USP 40.

Comment

I work for the 3rd or 4th largest SO in the country. Buy all my own equipment and get 50 rounds a year to qualify.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                    I know we have a lot of LEOs on the forum. Just curious how many of you have purchased your previous duty weapon?

I have my original duty weapon as it was personally owned but I missed the opportunity to buy the second one I carried and wish I had it because I carried it for 6 years.

The opportunity has come to buy my current weapon as we are changing firearms and I am on the fence. I haven't really budgeted for it but I feel like I might regret not purchasing it.

What have y'all done and why? Thanks!
                    I’m in the same boat as you. We are changing back to 9 from 40 and I’ll have the opportunity to buy my current service weapon. Same as you, it’s really not in the current budget, but I feel as though I might regret it if I don’t. After reading most of these comments I think I’ll purchase mine as well.

Comment

If you dont have the money set aside go work a EJ or two.

Comment

I have bought all of mine.

Comment

ANY gun you have been issued or used, that has never failed you, that you have relied on to function flawlessly in a bad situation, that you have carried everyday, deserves to be owned by you when given the option to buy. And never sell them either, you will always regret that.

I’m very materialistic when it comes to my guns. My department doesn’t issue duty weapons, we buy our own. I still have my Glock 22 that I carried on patrol and the 1911 I’m currently carrying in investigations will never be sold.

I’m not an AR lover, I own a few but they aren’t my favorite guns, with that being said the AR-15 I carry every single day in my truck is a priceless buddy of mine. I carry this gun to the truck every morning, and to the house every night, it is propped up on the nightstand every night, it’s always held zero and has NEVER failed. A gun like that deserves to be owned by me forever.

JOMO

Comment

Our agency provides the weapons but unfortunately they don't allow us to keep them. We have changed weapons four times and have not been able to keep any of them. They take them back and destroy them. Really sad.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                              I work for the 3rd or 4th largest SO in the country. Buy all my own equipment and get 50 rounds a year to qualify.

this blows me away! I would think the dept would at least provide practice ammo so that the officers remain proficient.

Comment

Not to hijack thread, but I see a lot of you saying you would not buy the service pistol the department gave you. In you all’s humble opinion which is the best pistol, most reliable out there?
                                Thank you all for your service. I respect all LEO.

Comment

Working...
                                X