Difference between 150 class and 180 class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MAP View Post
    Thanks, I dont pay attention to negative people, especially comments over the internet from strangers. You dont take business advice from a homeless guy, and you dont take deer hunting advice from people like easttxhunter & burntorangebowhunter.

I was waiting for somebody to say that, everybody who has seen them in person says the same thing. Actually I euro mounted 2 different 180" class bucks from last year. The reason being that both net over 170" and I'm getting replicas made of both deer. The replicas will be mounted with the original capes and I'll keep the "real" horns on the original skull because I like having them laying around where I can pick them up and really appreciate them when ever I want. Here is a picture of the other buck....wonder how many people think he's in the 140"s

Both came from different properties, different counties, in south Texas. The big ten is getting mounted on a table top mount, with a slab of mesquite and cactus. The 7x7 is getting shoulder mounted to hang on the wall. I'll most both mount pictures when I get them back.
    I’ve never thought about doing the replicas like that, but that is a really cool idea.

Comment

What's disrespectful about wanting someone that killed bigger deer than you to score your best ones to see if you got it right?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Think of it as a 110" to a 140". 30 inches is a heck of a lot! Great deer!
        You live in a different universe from me on the hunting side!! Those would be lifetime deer for me. You got them laying around like cord wood!!!

Comment

What's disrespectful about wanting someone that killed bigger deer than you to score your best ones to see if you got it right?
          Stop being a DB

The truth of the matter is that I have never scored one of my big deer. Anytime I post a score it is from somebody else, and not just one score but from about 4-6 different people from different places. Shoot one deer, take it to 3+ deer contest, get it scored by 3+ different people. Then have it scored by the ranch managers and/or somebody for the texas big game awards. If I have 4 different scores, I always take the average of those scores and that is what I consider that deer to be.

Comment

Originally posted by SeaSpray View Post
            Thanks for sharing and putting a new perspective on the size. I have never seen the difference between two side by side.

I hope some of the disrespectful comments above were jokes. If not it sure is disappointing to see the negativity on something like this. Ignore those clowns.
            Ditto

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter90 View Post
              Dude looks like he was in some pain. Deer are resilient creatures, and 2 great bucks.

No joke. It took me a minute to realize that leg was all sorts of wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Awesome bucks my friend - did kinda take the wind out of my sails on my first 150" ever I took this year though

Antler configuration can be deceiving for sure! My buck was only 14 3/4" inside and lost 10" when I walked up on him but gained 20" when I put a tape to him. That may tell you a little about my field judging capabilities

Comment

Stop being a DB

The truth of the matter is that I have never scored one of my big deer. Anytime I post a score it is from somebody else, and not just one score but from about 4-6 different people from different places. Shoot one deer, take it to 3+ deer contest, get it scored by 3+ different people. Then have it scored by the ranch managers and/or somebody for the texas big game awards. If I have 4 different scores, I always take the average of those scores and that is what I consider that deer to be.
                  Can’t get much more definitive than that. Cracks me up some of the same DB’s show up on every thread like this and act like they have some superior knowledge to everyone else. Congrats on the giants OP.

Comment

Originally posted by SeaSpray View Post
                    Ignore those clowns.

This! Im going to guess that anyone is surprise by the comment made by the number 1 **** on this site.

Comment

yup.............

Comment

Oh relax guys. I was just giving him a hard time. The first picture obviously does not do them justice.

Its called around the campfire. If y'all don't give your buddies a hard time and vice versa you are really missing out. You knock the spots off that thing? Wipe the milk off his lips?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

............l because I like having them laying around where I can pick them up and really appreciate them when ever I want..........
                          Very cool perspective. Never thought of it this way. Buuuuut, I've never killed anything remotely close to those!

Comment

Honestly, when i saw the first pics and what you said they scored, I felt like some of the others, NO WAY they scored what you said they do. BUT being a P&Y scorer, I know what pics can do or not do for deer and scores. I would have said you were crazy, BUT if you had them scored like you have most of your deer scored, no reason to deny the REAL scores of those deer.

Again, Congrats on 2 awesome 10's I am jealous!

Comment

Y’all get off the dog pile. Geez. The first pics didn’t do the deer justice. This thread is starting to look like some of the Facebook hunting sites I’ve seen.

No one said the OP was a lying POS. Settle down.

I also like the idea of a euro mount and replica antlers. Then you have two deer to look at for every kill......Brilliant!!!

Comment

I enjoy seeing big deer. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Working...
                                X