No announcement yet.

Tracking Dog - Beeville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yall were in the dark last night right? I'd go look in the daylight too.

Comment

I’d look in the daylight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jb5001 View Post
        I’d look in the daylight.

Seems like we should. He’s also almost 100% sure that he jumped the deer on an adjacent sendaro before the dog had got there, when we were looking originally. That was 250yds from where we found last blood and where the dog marked twice last night but couldn’t pick up a trail

Comment

Tracking Dog - Beeville

Respect his diligence and commitment.

I would let him search/track and go with him until he is at peace with not doing so.

Comment

I can send you a number for another tracker in the George West / Orange Grove area if you like.

Comment

Originally posted by BmacBmac1 View Post

I would let him search/track and go with him until he is at peace with not doing so.

This here.

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyJoe View Post
                Buddy wants to go track again today to see if we missed something but I’m gonna try to convince him that the best thing he could do is to sit his butt in that stand and see if he shows back up. I think that deer is still alive.

What do y’all think? I mean, if a dog was unsuccessful the more we tromp around that brush the worse we make it. Y’all agree?

Plus, I’m done with that brush. My arms look like I got into a fight with a cat and I buried a thorn to my kneecap and it hurts like a mofo.
                It’s not impossible, found one last week the first dog on the track missed was for a good friend so I was willing to give it a shot. And it was 15 hrs old trail. Even if the trail is gone and the deer is dead you can cast a dog in areas you might think there’s a chance he can wind the buck. 3 season ago I found a buck 5 days after and 700 yards from the shot. Sometime the coyotes are you friend. All I found was the skull antlers and a clean back bone but was so much scent my dog couldn’t miss it. hunter was extremely happy.

Comment

Originally posted by BmacBmac1 View Post

Agreed. Only reason I suggested waiting that deer out in the stand is the fact that it just showed up on the ranch 5 days ago and has never been seen before. Disturbing the area that he’s frequented that entire time, more than we already did last night, might push him out of there for good.

But I understand what you’re saying and it’s good advice.

Comment

Yep. No wrong answer there. I’d hunt them go look again.

Comment

It is a sick feeling, id be busting brush in the daylight hours as well. The pros on here know better than I but man that blood...

Comment

Originally posted by KevinAndy View Post
                        I can send you a number for another tracker in the George West / Orange Grove area if you like.
                        Who is your tracker in the George West area? That is just a little west of where I hunt, and I like to have local trackers in my phone.

Comment

Originally posted by bowfishin fool View Post
                          Best team in Texas

Sorry to hear y’all couldn’t find him

Lol let’s not get too far fetched. There’s old men out here been doing it for longer than Facebook made trackers.

Comment

its not funny losing the buck but I can't help chuckle when I read this -
                            " Plus, I’m done with that brush. My arms look like I got into a fight with a cat and I buried a thorn to my kneecap and it hurts like a mofo. "

The brush on 59 south of Beeville can be pretty thick and sticky not to mention the rattle snakes! Friend has a lease and they require large caliber because they don't want to track, but as we all come to learn its also placement.

Comment

Working...
                            X