Best Low Fence leases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
    Yes. Several. You can get kicked off for sharing pics online too.
    I had no idea that could happen. But now, reading it, I see how it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by CDavis View Post
      I haven’t been on it very long and its also a large high fence place. They certainly have potential to get to the 200’s and have I think taken 1 deer over 200 and had one more that was probably going to be eligible this year that has disappeared. It would have to be an amazing low fence place to get me to move from where I’m at but I was just curious on everyone’s thoughts on low fence leases.
      There are quite a few in Mexico as well

Comment

Go south

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cdavis View Post
          in yalls opinion what are the best low fence leases as far as producing trophy deer year after year. Obviously the holden pasture but just curious on what else is out there that produces monsters year after year.
          mexico........

Comment

Right.....good try.

Comment

It was just a broad post I didn’t expect to find a lease here. I guess I should’ve worded my post differently but I wouldn’t expect to spend less than 12-15,000 on one of those leases which is what I pay now for where I’m at and we aren’t killing 180-200 inch deer like some of those places but I’m okay with that but if I ever did have an opportunity at an elite place like one of the ranches above it would be hard to pass up.
              That's pretty much the range we are in once you factor in all the feed and expenses.... It's not cheap to grow bid deer consistently year in and year out..

Comment

I’ve heard of some small acreage leases in far north Texas that kill some bruisers. Very small.

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
                  Right.....good try.
                  ?

Comment

Originally posted by freerhunter16 View Post
                    The Junco is high fenced.

There are many places like you are asking about but you will not hear about them on a forum. And trust me, just because they are not "well known" does not make them one penny cheaper.
                    A lot of that high fence is crap, no doubt those deer are coming and going.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                      Junco
                      X2 yup!

Comment

My dad and I actually had our deposit in on that place when that happened to you. That sucked man.
                        Be glad you didn’t get on. I was one of the ones that got sucked in and I’ll just say, we barely made it through the first year.... it was horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by DKW II View Post
                          Be glad you didn’t get on. I was one of the ones that got sucked in and I’ll just say, we barely made it through the first year.... it was horrible.
                          Give us some details

I had a 3.5 17 point buck with 200 inch potential that just disappeared

They were blasting on the Terrel as well

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                            Give us some details

I had a 3.5 17 point buck with 200 inch potential that just disappeared

They were blasting on the Terrel as well

Haha this was a few years back, I am on a different place now where we took the whole place. Now we just have to keep the deer away from 1 neighbor but I tell you what, it is a whole lot better than what we had to deal with on the Rooke that year! It was an absolute shame what happened over there.

Comment

In Kansas would be my guess.

Comment

It’s so ridiculous that you can’t talk about a big buck you saw are shot . Because someone tells you not to. If you can’t show off your trophy what are you hunting for ? It’s all about having fun and being able to share it with friends and family. Your not running around on your wife your killing a freaking deer that I’m sure you paid hard earned money to kill and enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                                X