Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Best Low Fence leases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you can find one in kenedy county off 77 that is gold

Comment

The Junco is high fenced.

There are many places like you are asking about but you will not hear about them on a forum. And trust me, just because they are not "well known" does not make them one penny cheaper.

Comment

If ya'll find one of these hidden gems looking for a group let me know! lol High fence, low fence, big fence, no fence I don't discriminate for the right place!

Comment

Originally posted by freerhunter16 View Post
          The Junco is high fenced.

There are many places like you are asking about but you will not hear about them on a forum. And trust me, just because they are not "well known" does not make them one penny cheaper.
          It was just a broad post I didn’t expect to find a lease here. I guess I should’ve worded my post differently but I wouldn’t expect to spend less than 12-15,000 on one of those leases which is what I pay now for where I’m at and we aren’t killing 180-200 inch deer like some of those places but I’m okay with that but if I ever did have an opportunity at an elite place like one of the ranches above it would be hard to pass up.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
            I was thinking there would be some actual recommendations other than the big well known ranches... silly me.

I'd like to know - other than the ones already listed are there any hidden gems that don't advertise and prefer to be kept secret?
            Yes. Several. You can get kicked off for sharing pics online too.

Comment

La Bota is a good one

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                Number one rule about a deer lease, you don’t talk about the deer lease.

There are probably hundreds of good, solid leases that are never talked about, and for good reason! People searching the internet or social media looking just for that info.
                Exactly, My landowner every year was like you gotta enter the big buck contest at said local store in town and I was like, dang I keep forgetting to do that....
                Yeah not. I been killing big deer off that place every year. I sure as heck was not going to start letting locals know what I was growing and harvesting every year.

Ranchdog

Comment

Originally posted by D C View Post
                  La Bota is a good one
                  No Doubt! I’m just talking yearly leases.

Comment

If you are looking for a place that is big acreage, low fence, can grow big deer and is close to Houston look at the Rooke Ranch in Woodboro, Refugio county. I hunted it for 18 years, with total control for the last 9 years. I had that place on a major upward trajectory until some clowns way over bid it and I let it go. They were gone in year 2 and year 3 respectively after completely demolishing my work there. Not sure what is happening with it now but given it's proximity to Houston, I cant think of a better place. The genetics are there for 200" deer, it just has to be managed properly.

Comment

Red River bottom up in the panhandle would be a very good place to find a hidden gem

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                        If you are looking for a place that is big acreage, low fence, can grow big deer and is close to Houston look at the Rooke Ranch in Woodboro, Refugio county. I hunted it for 18 years, with total control for the last 9 years. I had that place on a major upward trajectory until some clowns way over bid it and I let it go. They were gone in year 2 and year 3 respectively after completely demolishing my work there. Not sure what is happening with it now but given it's proximity to Houston, I cant think of a better place. The genetics are there for 200" deer, it just has to be managed properly.
                        My dad and I actually had our deposit in on that place when that happened to you. That sucked man.

Comment

Originally posted by CDavis View Post
                          It was just a broad post I didn’t expect to find a lease here. I guess I should’ve worded my post differently but I wouldn’t expect to spend less than 12-15,000 on one of those leases which is what I pay now for where I’m at and we aren’t killing 180-200 inch deer like some of those places but I’m okay with that but if I ever did have an opportunity at an elite place like one of the ranches above it would be hard to pass up.
                          How long have you been on that place?

Comment

Originally posted by ranchdog View Post
                            Exactly, My landowner every year was like you gotta enter the big buck contest at said local store in town and I was like, dang I keep forgetting to do that....
                            Yeah not. I been killing big deer off that place every year. I sure as heck was not going to start letting locals know what I was growing and harvesting every year.

Ranchdog
                            this guy hit the nail on the head.... over the past few years several in our group have entered deer in one of the big south texas contests and done well. and we NEVER give ranch name... or county for that matter

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
                              How long have you been on that place?
                              I haven’t been on it very long and its also a large high fence place. They certainly have potential to get to the 200’s and have I think taken 1 deer over 200 and had one more that was probably going to be eligible this year that has disappeared. It would have to be an amazing low fence place to get me to move from where I’m at but I was just curious on everyone’s thoughts on low fence leases.

Comment

Originally posted by CDavis View Post
                                My dad and I actually had our deposit in on that place when that happened to you. That sucked man.
                                So did you get sucked into the mayhem that ensued or were you able to avoid it?

Comment

Working...
                                X