Ammo???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J Loves Huntin View Post
    I am keeping my eye out. At Canton trade days they had 9mm Herters 50Ct FMJ for $50 A BOX! Was all I could do not to laugh at the guy selling it.... then I went to other booths and saw them doing the same thing. Freaking insane.
    Prolly the pinheads that are standing in the lines. They can choke on it....

Comment

Originally posted by Smokeater View Post

While their are a ton of guys who wait in line to buy and flip ammo like scumbags. I go to my academy every day they get a truck but that’s because I shoot a lot and I need ammo. I don’t re sell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s out there if you look for it. I’ve been wanting some .41 mag brass.
        Found it online & it will be to my door on Wednesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Smokeater View Post

There a definitely some resellers in the lines I have stood in. Those guys are usually up front and are buying up the bulk stuff getting in line at 4am. However most of the folks like myself (pinheads as you called us), I have talked to are just there to get some plinking and practice ammo for themselves or their wives and their new guns....or even just hoping they could get deer/pig/varmint rifle ammo for the rest of their season. I saw a guy up front pass up the bulk 9mm and 223 that is coveted by the early birds, buy 3 boxes of 243 rifle ammo for his son. 3 is the limit. He and I were talking prior to and he said, I got here early to make sure I got a shot at what I needed....and he did. Glad I don't have to do that everyday and make a living doing it.
          Last edited by Smart; 01-04-2021, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Check out Custom Reloads of Dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by capt341 View Post
              Check out Custom Reloads of Dallas.

Thanks, I keep forgetting about that place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Well the Burleson academy got a delivery today, I was caught at work, by the time I got there it was all gone.

Comment

Originally posted by ohuett View Post
                  Cabela's has .308 right now that you can buy online and have shipped to your house for free if you spend more than $50...in stock too. But you can use www.ammoseek.com or www.ammobuy.com and find plenty.

Link to Cabela's:
                  https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/fede...AFF&cm_soc=AFF

So how do these sites work? If I choose the caliber I am looking for but the retailer’s site shows out of stock at “my store” (ex: Bass Pro/Cabelas) then why would it show on these sites?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    There a definitely some resellers in the lines I have stood in. Those guys are usually up front and are buying up the bulk stuff getting in line at 4am. However most of the folks like myself (pinheads as you called us), I have talked to are just there to get some plinking and practice ammo for themselves or their wives and their new guns....or even just hoping they could get deer/pig/varmint rifle ammo for the rest of their season. I saw a guy up front pass up the bulk 9mm and 223 that is coveted by the early birds, buy 3 boxes of 243 rifle ammo for his son. 3 is the limit. He and I were talking prior to and he said, I got here early to make sure I got a shot at what I needed....and he did. Glad I don't have to do that everyday and make a living doing it.
                    I was in the right place at the right time today. Walked the ammo aisle at Academy and found 4 shipping cases of 9mm. Grabbed one of them and took it to the gun counter, inquiring as to why the ammo was still in the shipping box on the shelf, to which he responded that they shouldn't be out there at all. Turns out, the box I took him was 2, 500 count bricks. Academy states only 3 boxes per person; 1 brick still counts as 1 box, and price was .23/round.

I only bought the one brick. I don't need 1500 just to take it from someone else, or to turn around and hock it for 3x as much. That's what's got supply down so low. Just take what you need.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by firemanjj82 View Post
                      I was in the right place at the right time today. Walked the ammo aisle at Academy and found 4 shipping cases of 9mm. Grabbed one of them and took it to the gun counter, inquiring as to why the ammo was still in the shipping box on the shelf, to which he responded that they shouldn't be out there at all. Turns out, the box I took him was 2, 500 count bricks. Academy states only 3 boxes per person; 1 brick still counts as 1 box, and price was .23/round.

I only bought the one brick. I don't need 1500 just to take it from someone else, or to turn around and hock it for 3x as much. That's what's got supply down so low. Just take what you need.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Nice find!

Comment

Originally posted by Gilly View Post
                        So how do these sites work? If I choose the caliber I am looking for but the retailer’s site shows out of stock at “my store” (ex: Bass Pro/Cabelas) then why would it show on these sites?

On ammoseek I just close the my store window and it brings up the warehouse inventory for Bass Pro/Cabelas. I don’t know about any other sites.

Comment

.308 FMJ in stock now at Palmetto State Arms for 21.99/bx if anyone is interested.

Comment

Originally posted by QuackHunter View Post
                            While their are a ton of guys who wait in line to buy and flip ammo like scumbags. I go to my academy every day they get a truck but that’s because I shoot a lot and I need ammo. I don’t re sell

You sure you want to stick with that statement when you’re selling 22 ammo for approximately double the retail cost?

22Lr

Comment

Originally posted by ohuett View Post
                              .308 FMJ in stock now at Palmetto State Arms for 21.99/bx if anyone is interested.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/arms...-fac3081n.html
                              Looks like it's gone. I've picked up some from there the last few months. They seem to get it fairly regularly

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post

I don’t care who you are, this is funny.

Comment

Working...
                                X