No announcement yet.

Keto 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started Jan 1st. Was 248 down 10#!!! I was in it last year and dropped 23# before going back to the junk. I WILLbe making this a life style. Best “diet” I have ever been on. Still eat good food with flavor and no more bland or “basic” foods or starving. I’m busy all the time and the other diets left me dragging and craving food for energy.

Today’s lunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I started Jan 4th, down from 285 to 275 this morning. I dropped that 10 without working out/cardio. I stopped and got a gym membership yesterday and plan on putting in a few miles a day 3-4 days a week to get started. Its nice seeing lots of other fellas on the same train. Keep up the good work men!!

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
        So far I am down from 234 to 223. I know that’s mostly or all water weight but still like seeing that lower number. What I have learned so far is it is extremely easy to eat too many calories especially when adding fat. I am doing my best to stay around 1300 to 1500 calories a day. I am also intermittent fasting eating my first food around 1130 am and not eating after 730 or so at night. To that I just started drinking 2tbs of acv just before my first meal each day. I just neeed to add more zucchini, broccoli, cabbage and bell peppers into my meals to help fill up. Unfortunately I cannot stand lettuce and hate all raw veggies
        Back during my big drop in 2018, when I would stall it never failed that adding green veggies would bust the plateau. Don't know why that works but spinach, green beans and asparagus do it for me. I enjoy all of them with kosher salt and butter

Comment

Hardest thing about keto is eating out. It's easy to cook at home, but not many good fast food options. What are some of yalls go to for fast food eating out?

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
            Hardest thing about keto is eating out. It's easy to cook at home, but not many good fast food options. What are some of yalls go to for fast food eating out?

We don’t eat fast food often, but my wife and I still do date nights and I can always modify a menu to keto if it’s not a cheat meal night.

Almost any fast food joint that sells burgers will serve a burger bun less. Many offer guac or avocado as add ons now as well. If you’re craving chicken, you can get Popeyes chicken tenders blackened (no breading). It takes a bit because they make them fresh as they’re not a highly requested menu item. Get it with a side of green beans and blackened ranch, no biscuit. If you have a Bush’s Chicken near you, they’ll do baked chicken, but you have to call an hour ahead and order it. I’ll occasionally get the fajita beef burrito from my local Mexican joint. It comes with refried beans, lettuce, tomato, and avocado. I cut the beans and add extra avocado. I’ll dump everything out of the tortilla and eat it like a salad. You can make it work dang near anywhere. You just have to have the discipline to not eat the tortilla or bun or whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My one and only is Burger King. They will serve you a double cheeseburger bunless in a bowl.
              I used to hit my go-to taco stand in Katy on the way to work and have them just dish me up a bunch of the machacado in a sandwich box instead of getting tacos and wasting the tortilla. Stange looks from the server every time but they would do it.

Comment

Chipotle or freebirds are good for keto- just don’t eat the rice or beans. Add guacamole to your bowl for sure. I did see that chipotle started serving cauliflower rice recently. I haven’t been there in a while- gonna have to go check it out again.

Not the healthiest thing but when traveling on the road- chic-fil-a nuggets dipped in ranch and buffalo sauce are good. 1 carb per nugget and the ranch has a lot of fat

Comment

Bunless burgers from anywhere are ok. Jersey Mike's has a sub in a tub and Jimmy John's has a lettuce wrap sub. Pizza bowls are gaining popularity as well. Marcos has one on the menu and most places will make it if you ask. Salmon with steamed veggies is available at most any TX Roadhouse type chain and is one of my regulars when traveling for work.

I travel weekly and since going Keto last year I have found I'd rather grocery shop than eat out every night. My hotel habits have changed as well. I now try to stay in places with kitchenettes so I can cook.

I started a little overweight at 190 last March and am now very lean at 150-155. I don't want to lose any more weight and plan to bulk up a bit this year. Very happy with how I feel. My energy level is way up and inflammations are all but gone.

Comment

Are those electrolytes the same as bCAAs?

Comment

And everyone post your favorite recipes.

Comment

Just caught up. What is IF? Did I read someone Saud venison Sumner sausage was bad? How about deer sausage, or steaks/backstrap from deer? Do yall have a list of good fats?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                          Are those electrolytes the same as bCAAs?
                          No. Electrolytes and aminos are different things.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                            Just caught up. What is IF? Did I read someone Saud venison Sumner sausage was bad? How about deer sausage, or steaks/backstrap from deer? Do yall have a list of good fats?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                            IF is Intermittent Fasting. That is where you eat all meals for a number of days and then fast for a day or two periodically. One example is 5:2 - eat normal for 5 days, then fast for 2.

Time restricted eating is when you eat all of your daily food in a small time window while fasting for most of the hours in a day. This is what I do. I eat only lunch and supper, so I eat all my food in a 6-7 hour window, and then I don't eat anything after supper until lunch the next day.

Comment

i haven't figured out how to multi-quote yet, so i'll not even try. While in keto your body won't retain water and causes you to pee a lot, so if you're staying hydrated the effect will be to pull salts out of your body causing you to crave them. you'll have to experiment to find a balance regarding your salt intake as it varies widely depending on all kinds of factors.

your body won't go into ketosis until you've burned out your glycogen reserves, which are stored mostly in your liver but also in individual muscles. so the amount of time it takes for you to get into ketosis depends on how much your body has stockpiled on glycogen plus however much carbs you take in per day (or excessive protein), minus however much you're burning per day. that said, 10 days is a long time to go into keto. i'd recommend double checking your counts and verifying your nutritional info. there's probably a sneaky food getting past you. for me it was string cheese at 7g of protein per stick.

lastly, for those of you that are counting pounds i'd recommend against it in favor of measuring your waist. the waist-height ratio is a better indicator of metabolic health than weight-height.
                              Last edited by dhall1414; 01-14-2021, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                                And everyone post your favorite recipes.
                                This is a Recipe that I saw today on You Tube and plan on making it in a few days. It really looks good and very low carb. There is a video and the recipe on this link. Thank me later.

Egg Roll in a Bowl

A perfect way to enjoy a delicious lunch that’s super filling and great for meal prep!

Comment

Working...
                                X