No announcement yet.

12 gauge advice for my daughter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I shot the Boss shells this year. It was really nice not having to worry about cracking a tooth on a steel pellet. And you can shoot "lighter" loads that kill well because of the increased pellet density. That doesn't help with the shotgun recommendation though, sorry. I've only ever shot pumps and doubles (when I can sweet talk my way into borrowing one).

Comment

Hey buddy, if not mistaken I think we took you and your daughter on y’all’s first duck moons ago. If so, I am so happy y’all stuck with it. I will ever forget that pintail she shot.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
        Benelli M2 Compact 12ga. The biggest thing is the fit. Females have different frames and often need a shorter LOP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        If you can find one, this is an excellent choice. I coached youth trap, skeet and sporting clays for several years. I like Beretta a lot, but the Benelli 12g compact for smaller shooters was a clear difference maker for us.

I think the Benelli SBE3 recoil reduction is better than the Beretta A300/400 models for duck loads. It's definitely a bigger, heavier gun which absorbs recoil, but it might be unwieldy for a smaller duck hunter.

After fitting numerous young shooters with the help of a couple of Beretta pro shooters (and current Olympians) an O/U might be a better solution for proper fit and recoil management. 26" or 28" will work fine, but she'll know once she picks one up and swings it a few times.

My wife (5'4", 125lb) shoots a Syren O/U for trap, skeet, sc and duck hunting. It's a 12g 26", Syren is designed specially for women shooters, they also have semi-auto's. They're a subsidiary of Fabarm.

Comment

Originally posted by Raleigh View Post
          Hey buddy, if not mistaken I think we took you and your daughter on y’all’s first duck moons ago. If so, I am so happy y’all stuck with it. I will ever forget that pintail she shot.

Yes sir. That is us. She LOVES duck hunting. That was her first time. I had that pintail stuffed and is in our home.

Thanks for making it a father / kid trip for us (vs father / son)

It got her hooked.

Comment

gas semi-auto has a milder recoil and a heavier gun has less felt recoil. With 3 inch shells I find the lighter 20 about as lethal as heavier 12. My 20 has a lot less felt recoil and i am probably a bit more accurate with it.

Comment

Britt is 5’7” and an athlete. She’s 25 years old. I think I accidentally misled folks into thinking she was younger.

Comment

I’ve got a 391 and the A400. My wife and I shoot at Creekwood. Wouldn’t mind letting her try them both. She will like the kickoff system; just a matter of swinging the guns and see which one feels best.

Comment

Originally posted by Coacheddy View Post
                  Britt is 5’7” and an athlete. She’s 25 years old. I think I accidentally misled folks into thinking she was younger.

yes...I was thinking she was early-mid teens

Comment

Working...
                  X