• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

in

Comment

Originally posted by FireNguns View Post
        Far north Texas on the Red River in Cooke or Montague counties.
        yep

Comment

For what land costs I would just get on a nice deer lease. You can’t buy a whole lot for $600k and then when you buy land it’s never ending work, not to mention a money pit. The only advantage to buying would be resell.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
            N Texas- Childress, Memphis, Wellington, Paducah. There are Mule deer there too, a big time bonus.
            Yep, this is where I would buy too.

Comment

West Texas along the cap-rock might be someplace you might want to look at. I thing the going price for land out here is $1K-$1.3K per ac. for pasture land. Best of luck to you.

Comment

I was looking for the same thing same budget with 4 hours of Houston.
                The South Texas stuff is $3000-4500/acre.
                I was actually thinking of splitting a larger property.

Comment

Johnston Co, OK.

Sleeper for big bucks and land is cheap! <3k ac.

I know where 70 acres is that isn't listed yet. With a house! But can't talk the wife into moving 45 min N !!! Borders Wildlife refuge, too!

2nd choice KS.

Comment

$600k could get you a top notch 200 acre farm in Kansas. Could be hunting 150”+ deer every season. Depending on where you live in Texas the drive to south central KS may only be 4-6 hours.

Comment

Texas is over priced and over hunted. The rifle season is just too long to be able to manage without a high fence or tens of thousands of continuous acres.

Comment

If your looking for more than 100 acres you are going to have to look to Val Verde County or West. 600k can get you 750 acres out that way.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeterboud View Post
                          is there much land in tx that has yet to be diced up/pimped out/shot up, for 600k or less? bass pond wouldn't hurt, either.
                          Just buy a lot in CO close to a NF. You'll have a million acres to do what you want.

Comment

Wyoming

Comment

Originally posted by 12ring View Post
                              Johnston Co, OK.

Sleeper for big bucks and land is cheap! <3k ac.

I know where 70 acres is that isn't listed yet. With a house! But can't talk the wife into moving 45 min N !!! Borders Wildlife refuge, too!

2nd choice KS.
                              Beautiful area but the meth heads are thick, love Tishomingo area and the blue river but don't think I could live there

Comment

Working...
                              X