600k budget. where would you buy hunting/camping land for you/wife/young kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EmergencyDoc View Post
    Arkansas, cheap and beautiful. We just bought a chunk outside Hot Springs, can’t get up there enough and we go every month. Texas land prices have gotten stupid.
    Noooooooo

Comment

Go east of Dallas around tyler area. Get in to some good land beautiful country

Comment

Originally posted by skeeterboud View Post
        my stuff is ag or wildlife ex.

can i ask what you pay/acre in ok? looking for land just to invest/hunt now, when i retire in 10yr will sell it all and buy something good, God willing
        Look at some of Darton's threads. That will give you a good idea of the price in certain parts of OK.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a buddy selling 200 acres in rocksprings with a cabin for about your price range very nice place pm me if interested and I will get you his number,

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
            Noooooooo

Lol, its coming and y'all cant stop it. Texas is ruined, we have to move out

Comment

If it were me, I'd try to find something SW of Kerrville within commute distance or between comfort and marble falls. It is incredibly beautiful down there and there are a lot of axis and aoudad to go with your whitetail.

You didn't say how big a place you want, though. Are you looking for 100's of acres or will you settle for 75 surrounded by bigger places? Anything within an hour of a major metropolitan area with permanent water and at least rolling hills will be 5K/acre minimum and approaching 10K+ if you are getting a premium piece of property... At that price, you don't get a very big place.

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
                And I would buy in San Saba, Richland Springs area....that's my plan

I will be driving to San Saba mid month to pick up my new lab pup. Never been through that particular area but you got me intrigued.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                  I will be driving to San Saba mid month to pick up my new lab pup. Never been through that particular area but you got me intrigued.

High deer numbers, beautiful country. Pecan capital of the world too. The town of San Saba is a small working town and hard to find friendlier people many places.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post

Congrats on the new pup too, we just picked up one here locally.

Comment

I like the area between Junction and Sonora

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

N Texas- Childress, Memphis, Wellington, Paducah. There are Mule deer there too, a big time bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeterboud View Post
                          my stuff is ag or wildlife ex.

can i ask what you pay/acre in ok? looking for land just to invest/hunt now, when i retire in 10yr will sell it all and buy something good, God willing

Pm sent

Comment

gets you 30 acres up here.....Lake Texoma area

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                              Lol, its coming and y'all cant stop it. Texas is ruined, we have to move out
                              Luckily I’m on the far side of the state, but I’m sure you’re right.

We do get quite a few retirees and more recently some younger people that are leaving the hustle and bustle but are able to telecommute/work from home.

A young couple from the Dallas area just bought a little place next to my cousins. They’re very nice, kind of the back to nature people. Sold their house, bought a nice house with a hundred acres. I take no issue at all with it, glad to have them.

The ones I take issue with are the ones that spray their fence lines purple and start “patrolling the perimeter” & calling the sheriff before they can even meet the neighbors, and sadly, that’s a majority of transplants... I have one like that next to my deer camp .

There’s a public (in local eyes) access to a steam between he and I. If you want to get technical though, it belongs to me. People occasionally swim or put canoes in to float and park down there in the summer time. MAYBE a couple people on a nice Saturday, very few. The first time he noticed it he was literally red in the face, shaking mad and ran off a mom with her two kids that were just enjoying the day fishing and swimming. Called the law and everything. Crazy. I spoke with him about it and he got belligerent with me after I mentioned that we don’t call the law, up here.

There’s now a really nice parking spot cleared out (on my side) for two vehicles & the sheriff has since told him to quit calling and wasting resources. I make every effort to be a good neighbor, I feel that it’s very important and part of the cultural fabric of the Ozarks & that’s the only thing I really worry about with transplants. They’re going to pay what they’re going to pay. If they think 2,500-3000 an acre is a good deal well there’s nothing I can do to change that & i’m not mad at them for that. Just be neighborly!

Comment

Go north....Kansas or Oklahoma

Comment

Working...
                                X