No announcement yet.

Morning or evening hunts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mornings. I see way more deer from sunrise to 11, but may see bigger deer in the evening but always at last light. Morning hunts i see deer 3-4 hours and evenings the last 30-45 minutes are active deer movement.

Comment

I see more in the evenings. But, I would much rather clean one after the morning hunt.

Comment

I usually see about the same amount during both hunts. Mornings being more productive. Windy evenings like today tend to be slower and deer don’t stay out for long.

Comment

I like mornings better. I've probably killed most of my whitetails in the morning. I hate cleaning a deer after dark.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
            I like mornings better. I've probably killed most of my whitetails in the morning. I hate cleaning a deer after dark.
            This all the way. I would rather clean and look for them them in daylight. That being said 9AM is usually my sweet spot to see them anyways.

Comment

Generally I see more deer in the evenings. I much prefer taking one in the mornings though. I don't like cleaning deer in the dark, especially if it is really cold.

Comment

Afternoon into the evening is what I’m doing.

Just because here lately it’s the only time I can get in the blind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Literally just go whenever you can

Comment

Mornings

Comment

Evenings for me. I’ve never killed a good buck in the morning. I did kill my Nilgai bull in the am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The 7 best deer I've killed in my entire life (b&c score) have been morning b/w frist shooting light and 745am. #8 was midday full moon peak rut. This is dating 31 yrs on 5 different properties in 3 different regions of TX. Coincidence...maybe???

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          Killed most of my better deer in the PM.... but I’ve also seen some of those same deer in the AM prior to their PM death and didn’t get the shot opportunity I wanted. So to me there is no better between the two. I like morning because I like watching nature wake up, tracking and cleaning/processing in the daylight. I like my campfires and drinks in the evening [emoji51]
                          Great minds think alike

Comment

hunt time

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            Mornings!

Some of you slackers would change your mind if you actually woke up early enough to hunt.
                            t
                            LOL I like woods wakeing up..Quiet and Then there are Thermals to carry sent up.and tracking/recovering Gutting and skinning by dayllght..

Foggy mornings are my favorite (they just seam to APPEAR) (just not to drive in)

Comment

I hunt whenever I can. I don’t get to go nearly enough

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                                I hunt whenever I can. I don’t get to go nearly enough
                                X2 on this, but have had best luck on morning hunts.

Comment

Working...
                                X