X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
    Uhhh.... Your point?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Reading material for the question asked?

Comment

Morning or evening hunts?

Killed most of my better deer in the PM.... but I’ve also seen some of those same deer in the AM prior to their PM death and didn’t get the shot opportunity I wanted. So to me there is no better between the two. I like morning because I like watching nature wake up, tracking and cleaning/processing in the daylight. I like my campfires and drinks in the evening [emoji51]

Comment

Go in about 10 and sit until dark

Comment

Both. I enjoy being in the woods wayyyy to much to not hunt specifically one or the other. On another note my success is much higher for all day sits than just morning and evening.

Comment

Evening. I enjoy sleeping in more and more

Comment

Depends on the moon and rut. If deer are rutting doesn't matter.

Comment

Morning during rut and pre rut. Evening during pre and post rut when they are in a feeding pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

50/50 for me. I've shot most of my trophies in the morning but as far as general numbers its probably an even split. I tend to want to shoot more in the morning b/c I hate tracking and cleaning in the dark, but I take what I can get

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    I like morning because I like watching nature wake up, tracking and cleaning/processing in the daylight.
                    Mornings for these reasons as well I will sit just about every evening I can, but I ain't near as ready to shoot something at last light and deal with it

Comment

I don't even think about hunting mornings until at least late Oct. but I love hunting mornings and watching everything come to life. During the rut I hunt more mornings than evenings just because I like it better. I've had success with both equally depending on time of year.

Comment

I have never killed a deer over 150" in the evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
                          I figured that was probably the case

Comment

I've killed more big bucks in the evenings. However, I killed my biggest late morning. When I have a target buck I go as much as I can. People that consistently kill big bucks put numerous days in the stand morning and evening every season
                            Last edited by Aggiehunter08; 12-29-2020, 12:06 PM.

Comment

I find this interesting...looks like most like the evenings better. On our place, we definitely have killed more bucks and the bigger ones in the morning. At least 2 to 1 over evenings.

Comment

Mornings!

Some of you slackers would change your mind if you actually woke up early enough to hunt.

Comment

Working...
                                X