Shipping ammo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they ask tell them it’s small nuts [emoji374] and bolts
    Don’t ask don’t tell,unless it’s going out of state 9 times out of 10 it will be shipped by ground anyway

Comment

If you box it up nice and tight, why even bother with telling them?
      I haven’t ship a whole lot, but when I have, they never ask what it is and I never have said. Think they usually asked what item is worth though.

Comment

Originally posted by cohenascopy View Post
        I tried to ship some with fed ex and ups today and they both said no. Ups website even
        gave instructions but the guy at the store said
        they won’t even ship holsters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        ORM-D is other regulated materials dangerous.

The little stores won’t take it. Most are franchises. You have to take it to a real UPS or Fedex facility—i.e. a hub. That’s why I won’t mess with shipping ammo.

Comment

I think the consequences of you get caught with USPS are big. I shipped via FeDEX today and the lady at the counter had no idea what to do, I sent it regular old ground and she totals me she thought it had to have a signature so I pod the extra $5.

Comment

Originally posted by LWD View Post

The little stores won’t take it. Most are franchises. You have to take it to a real UPS or Fedex facility—i.e. a hub..

This be the case. If you go to a strip center store they will make excuses.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Box it up, print a ground shipping label, drop it off.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                This be the case. If you go to a strip center store they will make excuses.

Sierracharlie out....
                Yeah I’ve never gotten a straight answer on whether it’s the terms of the franchise agreement that prohibits it or they just don’t want to.

Comment

I just got a case of shotugn shells delivered to my home today from UPS, from out of state. The were delivered in the original Winchester box marking what type they are. They were laying on my door step when I got home this afternoon. No additional charges on shipping. It was ground. But it was quick too!

Hope that answers some questions for ya.

Comment

Good enough?Click image for larger version

Name:	20201221_214741.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	24639480

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by SCORPION KING View Post
                      If they ask tell them it’s small nuts [emoji374] and bolts
                      Don’t ask don’t tell,unless it’s going out of state 9 times out of 10 it will be shipped by ground anyway
                      It's going out of State.

Comment

I'm gonna send it UPS Ground and put ORM-D on the box,the UPS guy is gonna pick it up and if he don't have any questions about it then......I guess he'll take it with him. He's delivered ammo to me at work so he can take ammo from there just as easy.

Comment

They always ask what it is, I always tell them it’s a gift.

Comment

Originally posted by LWD View Post

The little stores won’t take it. Most are franchises. You have to take it to a real UPS or Fedex facility—i.e. a hub. That’s why I won’t mess with shipping ammo.
                            The D stands for domestic, not dangerous. It usually applies to smaller quantity less volatile regulated materials like rechargeable batteries and cleaning supplies.

Comment

So y'all figure if I'm shipping it from work I'll have issues? That's all I need is more issues.

Comment

FedEx

I shipped a box of ammo to a TBH member last night via FedEx. I printed the shipping label at home, and marked the box "ORM-D". I thought I would be smart by avoiding the local Mom & Pop pack & ship stores, instead going straight to the nearest FedEx Office Print & Ship Center to drop off the box. I reasoned (incorrectly) that going direct to a FedEx Office location would avoid any hassles with the third-party stores. A very helpful and polite FedEx employee (probably a manager) explained to me that they can not accept ORM-D shipments at FedEx Office locations. He instead directed me to the nearest FedEx Ship Center, where I was able to drop it off. He said that having it picked up from my house would also work, because the drivers are authorized to handle those packages.

I later found this on the FedEx website (http://www.fedex.com/us/services/pdf...ingGuide.pdf):
                                "Hazardous material shipments, including shipments containing ORM-D materials, Limited Quantity materials or dry ice, are not accepted at FedEx Express Drop Box locations, FedEx Office Print and Ship Center locations, FedEx World Service Center locations, FedEx Express station or ramp locations, FedEx Authorized ShipCenter locations, and unstaffed FedEx locations."

Lesson learned. Hope this helps someone else.

Comment

Working...
                                X