This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
    I think we’ve seen Sam’s ceiling at Texas. Whether that be his skill set or the coaching. Either way, he gave everything he had. He will go out as one of my all time favorites in burnt orange because of how he played the game. But, everything and everybody eventually runs their course.
    For Texas fans, I think this is probably the feeling. It is crazy to ask a legend like Sam to move on and let's go with the backup. I think that Sam has helped Texas get rid of the stigma of being a soft football team. His leadership and grit have been on full display throughout his time on the 40 acres.

It will be interesting to see what Sam does, but personally I do not think he comes back. I think Sam respects his time and the history of the program (the record book). I do think the wildcard is the potential coaching change and what that does for him.

They mentioned something on the TV broadcast that caught my attention. During a Texas game were they got up 14-0, Sam asked if they could "step on the gas instead of play conservative" and Tom had to "get on to him" for making that comment. I personally think Sam plays for Texas and not for Herman. That is why maybe a new coach changes something, but I do not think he comes back.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
      All I’m staying is good luck replacing a guy that’s literally #1 in all things qb for your program

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Texas is still looking for that guy, Sam is runner up in virtually every category.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
        This didn't age well. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
        What are you talking about? Nobody trashed horn, but horn fans.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
          I trashed Herman, lol.

Comment

All I’m staying is good luck replacing a guy that’s literally #1 in all things qb for your program

I think that guys name is Colt McCoy. But, I understand where your coming from.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
              I trashed Herman, lol.
              Yes you did. You are certainly allowed.

Comment

Casey Thompson looks really good. I hate to say it, but ut may have found a qb.

Ehrlinger will play in the NFL, may not be at qb, but he will play.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                  Casey Thompson looks really good. I hate to say it, but ut may have found a qb.

Ehrlinger will play in the NFL, may not be at qb, but he will play.
                  Perhaps he is more Taylor Hill than Tebow.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                    That's exactly what I was talking about.

Comment

Perhaps he is more Taylor Hill than Tebow.

Ehrlinger has to much heart to not play. He very well may play qb, who knows. I like the kid.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
                        I think that guys name is Colt McCoy. But, I understand where your coming from.

Sorry second

Comment

That's exactly what I was talking about.
                          You said “Aggy”, which is ironically condescending in itself, when you referred to negative commenting. I’m good with it, because I did not. To the contrary, I actually complemented Sam, the defense, that monster RB and Thompson. I still don’t like Tom Herman, but that’s more of an opinion about character than any rivalry smack.

Comment

Now, on the today’s games.....Florida’s depleted WR core is gonna suck for Trask and their defense should have a time with those speedy OU receivers. I’m picking OU in a 45-41 type of win.

Comment

To be fair, he's no. 2 in a lot of the things QB and unlike most the others, he's had almost 4 full years to do it. His durability has certainly helped his numbers. I'm not taking ANYTHING away from the guy, I've always really liked him. But, he's had his time and then some. It's time for the guys who have been patiently waiting and backing him up to get a chance to show what they can do. For better or worse, it's just the right thing to do at this point.

Comment

College Football Bowl Games

You have him mistaken for Colt McCoy... oooops should have read down further where it was mentioned already.

Comment

Working...
                                X